Find
Notify
Tools

Help identifying QD rings and their value
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
I have a set of what I think are older Warne QD rings that came off a rifle I bought. They are steel, use a cross-slot style base, and are powder coated. The original owner thought he remembered they were Warne, and I agree; they seem to have all the personality of Warne rings. The lever is adjustable by pulling it out and rotating it.

I'll be using Talleys on the rifle and want to sell these but don't know where to start as to a price. If you can a) verify these are Warne and b) have an idea of a fair value I'd appreciate it. The rings have been lapped (as you can see in the pic) and I have no doubt these are very good rings, I'm just unfamiliar with them.

Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The rings look like Leupold QWR and Weaver grand slam bases or Warne which are basically the same.

Posts: 6441 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Thanks rich, I thought QRW at first too, but the powder coat is throwing me off. Do you know if the Leupold have easily adjustable lever that you can pull out and rotate however you want? I thought that was only on Warnes. Just trying to get a fair price for them.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Yes, the QRW levers are spring loaded. I've never seen a powder coat or gloss set b4. Can't remember the prices

Posts: 6441 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote