New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon Coyote 4.5x14 has anyone used one
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found a Nikon Coyote for a good price but I am kinda not sure about those circle range fingers in the cross hairs.It seems there is no center cross hair.I am wandering if its hard to site in and is it good on running game.I looked through it and thought can you shoot this as accurately as a regular cross hair scope.I think its the same scope as a buckmaster .Will these handle 338 wm recoil.I have Nikon Monarks on all of my 338s -416 rem mags and 338-378s .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think those "circles" on the Monarch scopes are calibrated for 223 and 22.250 calibers, not 338wm guns. that said I don't think they build them any different from any other Monarchs. I would bet if you sight those circles in to hit dead center of the circle, they would be pretty good for moving targets. I don't know how many inches in diameter at 100 yards those circles subtend, but check out their website, they might have that info on them there.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
They are calibrated for the .223 and 22-250 as stated and designed to "encircle' A COYOTE at the calibrated distances. I put one on a new Savage police carbine in .223 but have yet to shoot it.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it's the same as the buckmaster only with a different reticle.
I didn't think I would like the circle, so I bought a nikon buckmaster 4.5-14 with mil dot and am very happy with it. Mines on a 223, but someone i know has one on a 30-06 with no problems from recoil. i think it should stand up to the recoil of a 338. I had the nikon prostaff, which is cheaper, on my 338 and it held up fine

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote