Find
Notify
Tools

4x32 Nikon Monarch
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ruger270
posted
Can anybody tell me what the eye relief specs were for the older 4x32 Nikon Monarch? I have been searching and searching, but I cannot find the information.

Thanks,

Jesse

Posts: 171 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even if you found the published specs, you might find them unreliable. In my decades of experience with scopes I've found that the published manufacturer's specifications are often grossly inaccurate.

I have no experience with the 4x32 Monarch, but generally, fixed 4x scopes have a rather wide range of eye relief compared to variables -- and also a slight advantage in field of view compared to the same power setting in a variable. Never having used a Nikon of any sort, I can't say for certain, but most companies' fixed power scopes are very reliable and serviceable.

This is not a knock on variables, simply a recognition of the physical and optical advantages of building a fixed power scope.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ruger270
posted Hide Post
The reason I ask is becuase the scope will be going on a Ruger #1 in .405 Winchester, and I want at least 4" of eye relief so that the scope does not cover too much of the loading port.

Posts: 171 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote