Notify
Tools

Kahles binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted
Hi fellas,
Any experience with Kahles binoculars ? I’m looking for a good stalking binocular and found a nice Kahles 8x32...are they as good as their riflescopes ?

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
I have the 8x42s and have used the 8x32s, they are both outstanding. In my opinion, they are better glass than my Swaro 8x32 SLCs. I think they are absolutely as good as their scopes (I own 2 of their scopes, also).

Good luck.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I traded my 8x32s and bought a pair of Swaro 8x30 SLCs. I did a test with both and a pair of Pentax 8x43 SPs. The Kahles couldn't hold up to either. They were good, but just not as good as the others. Pentax makes the SPs in 8x32 also (FYI).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of 10x42s, they are a little heavy. Also have Khales scopes. I agree with Cane Rat, both are excellent. I had a pair of smaller, can't remember the size, of 8x Swaro's. Sold them,because of the size. The optics were very similar, but the 42's were much better dawn and dark. I kept the Kahles as my primary working binos. I hardly use any other binos anymore.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Go for the Swarovski EL 8,5x42 (or 10x42) Swarovision - by far the best binos on the market - everybody who is looking through one of those can´t get his eyes from the binos...

So do I - this is more then the perfect bino!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted Hide Post
Thanks guy‘s !
Got a nice deal on the Kahles so I bought it ! Really good optics....I’m very pleased.

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote