New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Black Diamond
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hi folks, I want to her from yous who use a burris black diamond scope. I am thinking of getting onefor my mod 70 coyote .308. It will used for target work out to 600m. I'm thinking of the 6-24x50 or the 8-32x50. would do these compair with a leupold long range target scope? I have a burris fulfield 2 on my .222 and think its great. what you think guys????

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post

As I said on the other thread, I have a Burris Black Diamond 4x16x50x30mm scope with the Ballistic Mil Dot. My other scopes on my hunting rifles are a $1,500.00 Zeiss 2.5x10x50x30mm VM/V T* and a $420.00 Zeiss 3x9x50x1" Conquest. The Burris compares favorably with the Zeiss's. It is bright and I particularly like the side turret parallax adjustment and will not buy another scope with an objective bell parallax adjustment. It is a very large scope, though.

The one thing I do not like about the Burris is that the magnification adjustment is accomplished by turning the whole eyepiece. It is harder to do than using your thumb to turn the variable power on the others.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have the BMD in a 6-24X Signature scope. I like the scope but the stadia subtensions had to be recalibrated for the higher maginfication which is where i like to use my scopes for long-range shooting. I've never understood why Burris did that with their longer-range reticle. Once the new subtensions are recalc'd though it works just as accurately as any other ranging/ballistic reticle out there..

I recently purchased an 8.5 -25X Leup. MK4/TMR reticle, and i just love that system for long-range, applying turret comeups for vertical, and reticle for horizontal (wind).

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much do you want to spend? Save your money! You get what you pay for. I had a burris 8.5x32x50MM Black Diamond oh it was bright but resoulution was horiable. Fuzzy fuzzy.Leupold is better but Bushnell 4200 elites are awesome much better glass but they don't have much adjustment range! So get the right mounts for long range shooting. I plan on buying a IOR those have the best optics for my price range.Burris sucks!!!! BOOM

How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul

Posts: 183 | Location: SF Bay area | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for your comments guys, I will be going to the shot show in January with some shooting buddies from this side of the pond and plan to get a scope when i'm out there. I have a buget of around $800. a friend has a 8.5-25x50 long range leupold I like it but I thought that the 8-32 burris might have good buy??? I love my 3-9x40 ballistic plex burris- but mayby for my .308 the leupold might be the best buy????

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which Burris? Well it doesn't matter their both bad. I just sold the exact Leupold you want to buy.Its a fine scope but I felt it was way overpriced.I'd most certainly get the Leupold over the Burris. But hey how far you shooting? The Bushnell 4200 Elite has awesome optics for 1/3 the cost. Optics are just as good at the Leupold if not a shade better. 6x24x40 0r 8x32x32. Plus they have one model 6x24 with a side focus.

How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul

Posts: 183 | Location: SF Bay area | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote