New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Rifle Scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking of buying a Vortex Diamond rifle scope. Anyone had any experience with this brand?

Posts: 213 | Location: Spring Texas | Registered: 27 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am also wondering about the scopes, as I haven't seen anything about them. Their binoculars are getting rave reviews, so they are doing something right. Wonder if the company is using Japan or elsewhere for manufacturing?

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the Vortex Binox are made in China. Not sure about scopes though.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually looked at one of the Vortex Diamondback scopes in 3.5x10x50 today that a friend of mine bought. The scope had made in the Phillipines wrote on it. I called Vortex and was told that all of their scopes are a in house design made over seas and that they have coil spring recoil rectciles with metal on metal adjustments and the scopes are subjected to 1000Gs 500 times to proof and are Argon gas filled. The scope I looked at had a one piece tube and sharp bright optics and a very firm tight finger adjustments for windage and elevation.Seems to be a good buy at $220.00 I told the the lady I talked to at Vortex that I was going to get one of their scopes and mount it on my TC Encore on a 416 Rigby barrel and see if the glass stayed in the scope! She assured me it would be fine and then reminded me of their unconditional warranty, that for any reason other than clearly intentional damage they would fix or replace the scope for free forever(of coarse as long as they are in business). She stated they have been making and selling binocs and spoting scopes for 30 plus years. I am going to get one of these scopes and torture test it on some big bores.
Rocky

posted Hide Post
I very recently bought a pair of Vortex Razor binos...10x42...very very clear...very bright...very satisfied consumer...yes...the upper end stuff is made in Japan...not sure on the rifle scopes...also bought a pair of lower end binos for gift...made in China Roll Eyes the warranty on Vortex is forever & ever...

Posts: 220 | Location: Utah | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who sells these?
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bass ProShop list them for sale on their websight. I went to Vortex websight and they have a dealer finder section to locate a dealer near you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I was thinking that one of the "discounters' might be selling them. Do they make an "illuminated reticule" model?
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked Vortex website and did not see a model with an illuminated reticule. Thier web site is www.vortexoptics.com.
Rocky

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cameraland, NY sells Vortex.
Call Doug for help.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rocky. I guess I should have just looked myself. My apologies for asking you to do my work for me!
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem. I had already looked it up. I ordered two of the 3.5x10x50 Diamond Back Vortex scopes on Wendsday (01-09-08) and was told that I should get them on Saturday the 12th or Monday the 14th. One of these scopes is for a friend who is putting it on a Rem 700 in 270 Win. I have not decided yet what mine is going to end up on, but it will go on my 416 Rigby Encore first to see if it will hold up under heavy recoil. 416 Rigby,400gr. bullet at 2400fps in a 8 1/4 lb rifle,when fired it backs up on you hard and fast!.
Rocky

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the two Voretex Diamond Back 3.5x10x50 scopes in that I had ordered. The one that went to my friend was mounted on his Rem 700 in 270 Win.. Rifle shot good and scope worked fine. These two scopes have a very sharp and clear feild of wiew and edge to edge sharpness. They have the quick focus eye peice like the Burris scopes, one peice tube, and finger adjustment on windage and elevation. The finger adjustments dials have a Zero Reset, what this means is once you set the scope at where you want the rifles point of impact to be you can take out the screw in the middle of the adjustment dials(Windage and elevation), lift the dial off the scope and then re-index the dial to where the zero on the dial matches the pointer on the scope and then resecure with the center screw.The light gathering in low light at dusk and dawn is on the level or better than my Lepould VX-III. I have not had time to mount my Voretex scope yet, but will post results when I do. Seems to be a very good scope at a very good price.
Rocky