New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Elite 6500 quality?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’ve been thinking much about the new Elite 6500, but recently I got told by another hunter that a friend of him had a brand new rifle with a brand new Elite 6500 scope on top. After less than 20 shots at the shooting cinema he couldn’t hit anything with that rifle, afterwards they found out (when shooting at a 100m range) that the reticle was rattling around inside the scope.
Just wanted to hear if anyone else has tried or heard of the same or if this is just a unique case??

Thanks Bjarne

Posts: 185 | Location: Randers - Denmark | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems to be unique, always a nice observation from this point of view beer

Thanks Bjarne

Posts: 185 | Location: Randers - Denmark | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I suppose that could happen with any scope. I don't own a 6500 but have several 4200's and am very pleased with the quality provided by them.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
15 years ago, I paid $250 for a 4x12x40AO Baush and Lomb scope, now Bushnell 3000.

From new, it was only usable up to 6X, as the lenses are not aligned.

Tasco and Super Sniper scopes are worse.
Screw those Asian scopes.

One a cat has jumped on a hot stove, it is a long time before that cat jumps on a hot stove or any stove again.

What does it all mean?
My personal Bushnell anecdote will last me a lifetime.

I like my Leupold and IOR scopes just fine.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Elite 6500's, one on a 22-250 and the other on a 300 WSM. I think they are excellent scopes. Just beneath Nightforce in optical quality but half the price.
I think the broken reticle has got to be the exception rather than the rule. I've had broken Leupold, Swaro's, Weavers, Simmons, Tasco's and others. Any of them can break from time to time..................................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Papershredder
posted Hide Post
I talked to the gunsmith at Corlane (Rocky Mountain Rifles)in Dawson Creek,BC that built my .300 RUM. He told me that in his opinion the 6500 is above the Ziess Conquest, and at least even with the VXIII. I'm swapping out my VXII 3X9X40 for a 6500 2.5X16X50 so I guess I'll have more of an opinion in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 157 | Location: Alberta,Canada | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote