Find
Notify
Tools

Minox 3.5-15x56 any good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Doug has a deal one one, and I think this could do yeoman duty on my 7mm Sendaro until I figure out what it wants to be when it grows up.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Vortex Optics Viper Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 6.5-20x 44mm is my other option.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Minox and the only issue I had with it was when I mounted the front ring too close to the parallax and horizontal/vertical adjustments, just finger tightening on the ring screws locked the parallax adjustments in place. Fixed it by moving the front ring closer to the bell of the scope. Never had a scope do that before. Mounting it on an AR.

Just picked up the vortex scope you mentioned and I like that one better than the Minox. Mounted it on another AR as well.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 6 different Minox scopes to date. Clarity, sharpness and color resolution are great. Handle the recoil on my 300 wm as well as a 264 wm for a couple of 100 shots to date. Compares well with the Zeiss Conquest HD's that I have according to one friend of mine.

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace - Luke 11:21
Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of
Congress...But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote