THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Another thumbs up for Leupold Customer Service

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another thumbs up for Leupold Customer Service
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted
On our trip to Namibia back in April/May, my father accidentally dropped his rifle into the bed of the truck while checking zero. A test shot after he dropped it confirmed (we thought) that the scope was OK but after several misses and a box of ammo by both Dad, myself and the PH trying to re-sight, we agreed it was not holding zero. The scope is an old Leupold Vari-X III 3x10x50. When we got back I took the scope off Dad's rifle and told him I would send it back to Leupold for repairs. Well, I was slack and just now got around to sending it back.

I sent the scope out via Fed Ex 2day and Leupold received the scope on September 14th. A day or so later I got a letter in the mail confirming receipt and giving an estimate of 15 working days to complete the repair. Well, when I got home from work on Thursday 9/23 the scope was waiting for me along with a letter saying that they had replaced the "erector system" and cleaned and function checked. Thats 7 working days from time of receipt until it was back in my hands! So a big thumbto Leupold.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote