Find
Notify
Tools

Illuminated scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
I own a couple of Trijicon scopes. A 3X9 and 5X20.

Anyone have recommendations for an illuminated reticule scope 3X9 or higher?

Thanks in advance!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
How high do you want to go?

I had a NightForce 8x-32x with illuminated mil-dots that was a terrific scope, but it was too big for my needs.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I have several scopes with illuminated reticles; they're the Leupold Mark 4 and Nightforce scopes. I'm happy with all of them but like the Leupolds a bit better.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 5 or 6 Leupold 30mm VX3 LR 4.5x14x50 ILL scopes, and find them to be all I need for 98% of my hunting.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hi Rusty,
Are you not liking the Trijicons?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36841 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lane,
No i still like the Trijicon a lot. Just looking at options.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the tactical line of Mark 4 Leupolds. I am very impressed with them. The demo Zeiss Dialyts offered by Camera Land are hard to beat for the money.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VX6 w/ ill fire dot duplex, or ill #4 dot. The VX6's are the catsazzz.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several
Leupold VXR 3-9 illuminated reticles, they are great. I also have a Zeiss Duralyte, kind of klunky-looking but great optics. Used it on my .375 Ruger BLR for buffalo & plainsgame.

One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
I agree with JGRaider the vx6s are very nice scopes

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have posted here several times since I got one of the VX6s when they were still a new thing. I wasn't so sure how I was going to like it and there was not anybody much with one .

Well . . . The VX 6 is the one. I can say it is Leupold's best work. I too use just the Firedot duplex in mine,but they have other illuminated reticles too.

I have the 2 x 12s but I am quite seriously looking at the next one as a 3 x 18 for either a varmint or even for the 7MM Mag.

They have excellent optical clarity and a lot more so when you add in its price. They would still be excellent at an even higher price. There "might" be a very small difference to the Swarovski's- but I can't see it . As a matter of fact I have been changing out my Swaro Avs for these VX6s.

The illumination control is quite good too. At an early or late shooting it is a big improvement. And more when you might be shooting in to the shadows of the deeper woods or brush even in full daylight. You don't lose the reticle or the crosshairs in the shadow and have to relook or refocus your eye at all.

The adjustments are precise and maybe a click or two either side. I mounted one up and was a bit short on time . I took it to the range and just for grins decided to shoot at the 100 yard target to see where it might be before I bore sighted and shot a closer target. I fired one and looked again at a hole exactly in the center of the target. You get lucky sometimes LOL .

I can't say how tough they are in absolute terms but my 416RM didn't seem to bother it any .

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the Swaro's with the illuminated reticle - magnificent is all I can say! They are truly the best thing in scopes I have ever used.

I have one in 3.5x18 x50 and all I can say is WOW!

Posts: 10265 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote