Find
Notify
Tools

Tactical scope for 7 mm Rem Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Russian
posted
Guys! Looking through different scopes for 500 yards shot with 7 mm RemMag. Thinking about Swarovski 6x24 with Ballistic Turret. Do you know any other options?

Never buy your gun from "Hendersot's sporting goods inc."

Posts: 70 | Location: London UK | Registered: 07 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swaros are great scopes, but not really used much in the tactical arena. For tactical shooting, I would stay away from the ballistic reticles. Not enough granularity IMO. A ranging reticle like the Mildot is a much better option. Even better are the NP-R1 from Nightforce and TMR from Leupold. Without knowing exactly what you plan to do with it, some of the more popular tactical scopes on the market are Schmidt & Bender, US Optics, Nightforce, IOR and Leupold. There are others, but these are considered the best and are more commonly used in the "tactical" arena.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Russian
posted Hide Post
I have 7 mm Blazer and planning to use it in Mountains and on the flat open ground. I do expect shots 500+. my scope choice would be 6X24 with ballistic diales. Looking for advise

Never buy your gun from "Hendersot's sporting goods inc."

Posts: 70 | Location: London UK | Registered: 07 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Out to 800 on big game lots of people use a straight 10x, such as a Super Sniper.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote