New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10-56 Questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to start by saying how much I have enjoyed viewing this forum that I joined and had a few S&B questions. A Friend has a 5-6 year old S&B 2.5-10-56 classic scope,in mint cond.What is it worth?High end and low end? Also if I buy this Scope for a good deal is the flash dot worth the extra $550.This scope would be used strictly for hunting whitetail and at real low light as the big ones come out super late on my property.Thanks on any tips or suggestions of this matter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hawkeye101,

I don't know your values over in the States, but you won't find better glass than on a S&B.

That said, I have found that their adjustments are not that wide and can sometimes be not that repeatable.

Personally, I would buy the NIghtforce NXS3-15X56. It looks more tactical, but it has a much greater and better range of adjustments than do the S&B. And the Illuminated reticle comes as standard.

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input Blair338/378.Does anyone feel that $900 is a good price on this mint used S&B 2.5-10-56 scope? I think they are $1600 New.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the S&B flashdot?
Like it or what?Is it worth the extra $550.Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone out there??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 3x12x50 and also thought about the flash dot.The glass is so good in the scope I doubt you would ever need it with 7a or 8a reticle.They are the best of the best in my opinion.I have owned a couple of these scopes and have been more than pleased.

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also if you ever hunt Alaska I think they are talking about banning illum.reticles.This also helped me make my decision.

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rsm458lott,Do you think that is a good price at $900???Happy shooting!!

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
A Schmidt & Bender 2.5-10-56 in top condition for low light hunting for $900.
thumb
I have five Schmidt& Bender scopes. four with No 4 reticule and one with an illuminated reticule.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that is an excellent price.I'm useing mine next month in S.E. Alaska on a bear hunt and I'll let you know how it performs.

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot for the responses,Ozhunter and Rsm458lott.Good luck on your hunt in Alaska,that sounds like a blast!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great price! Buy it and don't look back.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote