THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Re-focussing a centrefire 'scope for rimfire use

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re-focussing a centrefire 'scope for rimfire use
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted
Gents,

Can I have my Meopta 7x50 doctored in some way to enable it to focus down to 10-15 yards or so?

It's sat forlornly in a box whilst a lucky-dip grade Bushnell is on my .22 and I want the better glass and rather handy looking reticle.

In fact this last is the main reason, the 4b reticle having hash marks on both the vertical and horizontal stadia which were not much real use for a Centrefire hunting rifle ( the first one down was bang on for 350 yards, the next 480 the next 600 etc. ) but could be very handy on a loopy .22.

Is it possible and what's involved?

With thanks,

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello, I have had a Leupold scope adjusted to their rimfire parallax of 60 yards and been very happy with the results. Leupold now has a custom shot that will do just about anything you want in reticle dot placement. Leupold is very paranoid about non USA shipment / return shipment. I would look on EBAY for a used Leupold scope and have it sent to Leupold for conversion. If you want to pursue this option let me know. Jim

Yackman

Posts: 582 | Location: Searcy,AR | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Amir,

Perhaps Marchwood in Hampshire could provide some guidance regarding customizing that scope. I would think any Meopta repair station could make the change for you.

If you lived in the States, you could call that Meopta a 'tactical' scope and sell it to some mall ninja in five minutes. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote