New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about a Conquest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm considering scoping my predator calling rifle with a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44mm and wanted to know from those who have this scope if they like it or not? I do most of my predator hunting under low light conditions and under a spot light and was wondering about it's light gathering ability and the ability to see the Z-plex under these conditions? Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
I have Conquests in 2.5-8, 3-9, 4.5-14, and 6.5-20, and they are all great. I have a friend with Conquests in 3-9 and 3.5-10, and he said that he would never spend the extra money again for the 3.5-10.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Buy it; you won't be disappointed!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a friend with Conquests in 3-9 and 3.5-10, and he said that he would never spend the extra money again for the 3.5-10.

+1 The price difference between the 3-9x and the 3.5-10x is just plain silly given the very small difference between the scope. Otherwise, buy one, you'll be hooked.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you say there is no difference between the 3-9x40mm and the 3.5-10x44mm except for $200 or so?

The 3.5-10 is 1oz. heavier, but slightly shorter with a slightly greater FOV than the 3-9. I figured the 44mm lense and the greater FOV would be better for low light conditions.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the Zeiss Conquest scopes are the best value made today.

3.5" Eye Relief CONQUEST 3.5-10x44 MC

4" Eye relief CONQUEST 3-9x40 MC

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
If you want to talk low light, I killed this hog at 150 yards at night in the beams of the headlights of my truck. I shot him with a Marlin 336SS 30-30 topped with a Conquest 3-9.

I don't think a little FOV and magnification are near worth the $200 extra cost, but it is your money. I own 7 Conquests and think they are the best value in hunting optics on the market.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dthfrmbv:
I'm considering scoping my predator calling rifle with a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44mm and wanted to know from those who have this scope if they like it or not? I do most of my predator hunting under low light conditions and under a spot light and was wondering about it's light gathering ability and the ability to see the Z-plex under these conditions? Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

I use 4.5-14's on all my calling rifles. Both the 44mm and 50mm work great for night hunting.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 3.5-10x44mm from Doug at Camera Land today. I couldn't pass on the deal.

Thank you for the replies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could you say there is no difference between the 3-9x40mm and the 3.5-10x44mm except for $200 or so?

I won't say there's no difference. There is some difference. My point, shared I think by other posters, is that there's not $200 worth of difference. Were I to spend that much more $$$, I'd probably jump to the 4.5-14 model.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 12FVSS260
posted Hide Post
Didn't used to be the big price spread between the 3x9 and the 3.5x10, bought mine about 5-6 years ago and $489 was the going rate. Funny cause the 3x9's were $350-375 at the time, they haven't changed much but the 3.5x10's have really went up. I own 3x9's, 3.5x10's, and a 4.5x14. I much prefer the 3.5x10x44's for low light work not because of 1x difference but they seem to work better in low light nighttime coyote shooting set-ups. Like conquests in general and use different ones for various rifles but the 3.5x10's are my favorites by a skunch.

dave

If Accurate Rifles are Interesting.........I've Got Some Savage Rifles That Are Getting Mighty Interesting.....

Posts: 257 | Location: Central Maine | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received the scope yesterday and really like it. Light gathering is great in low light and the FOV is awesome. This is going to make a great predator calling scope for both close and long range shots in a variety of lighting conditions. This model scope will even go on any future bigger game rifles. Great value for the money. Now, I'm just waiting on the rifle to come in. I really appreciate everyone's valuable input here.