Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver 2X7
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey Guys,

Maybe you fellas can help me. I have a Weaver scope that was on my dads 06. He bought it in the early 60's when the remmy 700s came out. He passed 20 years ago and i inherited the guns. The scope went south on me last year. I replaced it with a leaper VX1 3X9. Does anyone knoow where I can send the scope to have it repaired. I've read the posts on Weavers customer service or lack of. I would like to keep it for another rifle and for sentimental reasons. If not I'll trash it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Wink

Posts: 77 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 09 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I had the same scope fail on me. I just threw it in the trash.

I have another Redfield 3x9 that went south. I removed the xhairs and keep it around the house for a monocular.

Weaver, Redfield, and Simmons were all bought by Meade. Their customer service is about the worst in the business and it's pretty much useless trying to get them to fix something from what I've heard.

Sorry to say it but you'll probably not have any luck trying to get warranty work performed on your scope.

OTOH if you want to pay to have the scope repaired, there are places that will fix the older scopes. It will cost nearly as much as just buying a new one.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Reloaader,

Thanks for the reply on the scope. Will probably donate it to Waste Management. Doesn't sound worth it to fix it.

Thanks,
Tony

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.weaver-scope-repair.com/

(from their websiteSmiler

"Weaver Scope Repair Service located in El Paso, TX is a repair facility for American Weaver Scopes manufactured by W.R. Weaver Co. from 1933 until 1983. Weaver Scope Repair Service is locally owned and operated by Frank Ruiz. Mr. Ruiz managed the W.R. Weaver Company's product service for 14 years prior to the closing of the Weaver plant in 1983. Therefore your scopes are in the hands of the best American Craftsman."

Your old Weaver is not under warranty, anyway, and it would be pointless to send it to the company that happens to own the Weaver name to market Asian-made scopes under. I would try the people at the website above. That said, while the Weaver K-series fixed powers were nearly bulletproof (although optically mediocre), the variables could be problematic. I have no idea what it might cost to return your 2-7x to service, but you might want to mail it to El Paso and find out. They can throw it in the dumpster as easily as you, and all it will cost will be the postage.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek,

Thanks for the info on the scope.I'll check out the website and go from there. Probably isn'y worth fixing but will find out.

Thanks,
Tony

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what went wrong with it? if there is no damage, I will give you $20 for it right now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Gable:
Stonecreek,

Thanks for the info on the scope.I'll check out the website and go from there. Probably isn'y worth fixing but will find out.

Thanks,
Tony

In deciding on whether or not to get it repaired, please be advised that those scopes are very desireable by many shooters and hunters today. Those old scopes are commanding some good money when available.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by delloro:
what went wrong with it? if there is no damage, I will give you $20 for it right now.

Hi delloro,
The glass started comin apart inside. Had it on my quad over some really rough terrain. It is still clear. I'll dig it out in a little bit and get back to you.

Tony