Find
Notify
Tools

Leica rebuild question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted
I recently found a pair of leicas that had been lost on our farm for three years. As you can imagine, they are pretty rough. Can i send then in and have them rebuilt (at my expense). Has anyone done this? Any contact numbers? Thanks

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well - from myi meageer experience - i had to replace the little folding rubbber eyecup in a pair (1 eye) and they charged me $25 for it - i can just about imagine what they would do to you

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do a search here on Leica customer service...its terrible

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunting For Adventure:
I recently found a pair of leicas that had been lost on our farm for three years. As you can imagine, they are pretty rough. Can i send then in and have them rebuilt (at my expense). Has anyone done this? Any contact numbers? Thanks
There is a company in Houston, Texas, that does nearly all Zeiss-USA repair work not sent to Wetzlar. Although I don't have its name in front of me, it is probable that they also repair Leitz optics.

The name is nautical in some way, I'm thinking.

Hope this is of some help.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunting For Adventure:

Call Leica in NJ, 1-800-222-0118

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3667 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Naphtali:
There is a company in Houston, Texas, that does nearly all Zeiss-USA repair work not sent to Wetzlar. Although I don't have its name in front of me, it is probable that they also repair Leitz optics.

The name is nautical in some way, I'm thinking.

Hope this is of some help.

Texas Nautical Repair Co., now called Land Sea & Sky?

http://www.landseaskyco.com/service/service-repair/

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They will, so all you have to do is sell your pickup and two cows to pay for the fix..Easy as that...beware of foreign manufacturers when it comes to warranty..I hear a lot of oh me oh mys from my hunters.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote