New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steiner Binoc's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just thought I'd pass on this little story about how good their customer service is. A few years ago, I was over at a farm that I hunt on and I was brushhogging some of the trails/roads to get them ready for an upcoming church hayride and the upcoming deer season. I always take my Steiner Military Marine 8x32's along to spot game. While I was clearing the roads I came upon some downed thorn tree limbs and I needed to move them off the trail. Anyway, I got off the tractor and started to move the limbs but my bino's were getting in the way so I took them off and placed them on the rear tractor tire while I removed the rest of the limbs. Got everything cleared and started clearing more trail. Got about 300 yards and then it hit me, I left the binos on the rear tractor tire. Chit!! Headed back and sure enough, their they lay.........in about 15 pieces. Seems the blades of the cutter kinda did a number on them. Oh well. I gathered up the pieces and finished the job and headed back home feeling really dejected. Told the wife and she said chit happens and said to just go get me another pair. I love that woman!! I decided to send the binos back to Steiner with a description of what exactly happend and just to tell them how good of a product they have, even though they're no match for a 6 foot cutter, and how satisfied I was with them. I thought, maybe they might send me a coupon for 10 percent off or something along those lines but didn't really expect anything and rightly so. Afterall it was my fault 100 percent. 'Bout a month or so later the UPS man comes to the door with a package. I opened it and believe it or not, there was a brand new pair of 8x32 Military Marine bino's. Talk about customer service!! I was floored and very very happy and just glad that I had bought the Steiner's in the first place. So when someone ask me about optics, especially bino's I make it a point to tell them this littler story and to HIGHLY recommend STEINERS!!!

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i wouldnt want a bino that couldnt stand up to a little brush hoggin...

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of the Steiner Bighorn 9x40's. I have wanted a pair of these for years...since seeing them in a catalog a long time ago. I just got them about 2 years ago and am quite satisfied. That is a great story about how a few companies know what customer satisfaction really is.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You just can't beat that kind of customer service. That sells binox to guys like me who read about that happening.

Don

Edit to add: While we're on the subject of Steiner binox, do any of you have any experience with Steiner's Perrigrine (sp?) binox? First hand or second hand.. They sure look good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a pair (2nd) of 10x predator pro compacts that steiner replaced due to the first pair fogging up.
i thought that it was good service for them to replace the fogged ones but pretty shitty that a new pair of $179 binos fogged up to begin w/.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wow that is great service, especially from Steiner. I have had several dealings with Steiner over warranty and repair issues and most of my dealings with Steiner have been less than stellar. Glad to hear they gave you such good service though.