New
Find
Notify
Tools

lyman wolverine question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got a 6x wolverine with fine crosshair and dot, want to put it on a 22 rimfire off course its 26mm what can I do other than lapping a set of ring to 26mm , don't want to get into to big of a project though.22 has grooved receiver.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Someone on ebay is selling 30mm to 26mm delrin adaptors for $14 per set of four. Brownell's gets $20 + S&H.
There used to be an offshore company on ebay who sold a set of four for @$2.50 delivered but they now only make 30mm to 25.4mm and insist they will work for 26mm also. Your call.
Amazon bought all of Leupold 26mm rings when they were being discontinued. They want $119 per set....when pigs fly out of my......pocket!
Also from time to time, someone on ebay sells a set of older Redfield rings.
The up side is that the plastic adaptors will prevent scuffs on your scope and any ring mark will lessen a scope's value by more than $14.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Your Wolverine, apparently made between 1954 and 1957, is almost certain to be reticle-moving (a plus IMHO). It does mean, however, you'll need mounts with lateral adjustments and you may need shims to centre the dot vertically.

Leupold STD/Redfield mounts should work fine but other brands are seen on ebay etc, such as old Hillvers.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells makes plastic ring reducers that work quite well. Ive mounted my 7/8" (26MM)Leupold Alaskans in one inch rings with them..I wouldn't feel comfortable lapping a set of 7/8s rings to 26MM...besides 26 MM rings aren't that hard to come by..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have some leupold 26mm rings but the rifle is grooved don't want to drill and tap for leupold bases. It was
just a thought.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can use the Brownell 26 NN adapters in any one inch ring..Ive used my Leupold Alsakans in Talley, Weaver, Redfield and I think Leupold rings.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
26mm is larger than 1"

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Yes, 26mm is 0.6mm bigger than 1". Were it the other way round you could use a rubber-glove finger to take up the slack.

However, 26mm rings used to be common and turn up on eBay etc occasionally.

What is the rifle you want to put the scope on?

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Right, I was thinking backwards, I think those shims can be had to work in your direction...Ive only used them to reduce 1" to 7/8s, but 26 to whatever should be available.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120