THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Visiting New York - where to buy a Leupi or Conquest?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visiting New York - where to buy a Leupi or Conquest?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In september I will be in New York for some days. So I want to buy a scope brand, beeing much more expensive here in Germany. A Zeiss Conquest or a Leupold, or maybe a Nikon Monarch.

So my questions

- where can I buy scopes for a good price in NY?
- are some ot this brands availble with
- a rail
- illiminated crosshair

Which other products for hunters can you recommend?

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
WWW.cameralandny.com sells a lot of sports optics

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SempreElk:
WWW.cameralandny.com sells a lot of sports optics

Ditto!
I have bought five pairs of Binoculars from them and they are far and away the best place I've ever dealt with for optics. The prices are the best, and I got delivery of each binocular in 3 days from the date I made the order.
They advertise here on AR. Either Doug or his brother Joel are good ones to talk to.
I know they sell Zeiss, Swaro, and Leica scopes and binoculars, along with Minox and some other European makes. Doug is the top man there.
Here's his e-mail address: gr8fuldoug@aol.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be my pleasure to meet and assist you. Always great to meet forum members and play with optics.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3697 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can vouch that I had an excellent experience with Doug at Cameraland.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for NY Cameraland.

One of Us
Picture of doctorxring
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 6.5-20x50 Conquest from CameraLand
just yesterday. Heck of a deal at $649 shipped.

dxr

Happiness is a tight group

Posts: 1524 | Location: Don't Mess With Texas | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of late I have bought more optics from Doug than my bank manager approves of (no fault of Doug's Wink). Service has been great. I'd shop with Doug again.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
A visit to NY definitely needs a stop at Doug's. I have been buying my optics from Doug, and units for our SCI Chapter's events. He is great.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I was going to jump on here and recommend Doug at Cameraland, but I see someone has already done that.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Posts: 254 | Location: Kaliforina | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Burkhard,

Since Doug at Cameraland is a member here and thought of highly by other members that have dealt with him, I just ordered a new Zeiss scope from them and am quite confident I will be happy with it.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
- are some ot this brands availble with
- a rail

very very very few.
wouldnt you be better served ordering one off the net?
shipping vs. 8.375% sales tax. should be about the same.
it certainly wouldnt cost Doug $50-70 bucks to drop ship would it?

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen for all the answers. The prices for Leupold scopes in Germany are nearly the double price than in the US.
Some years ago, Leupold was on a "normal" price level, but than they elevated in a very short nearly time to the ZEISS an S&B level. And many of the Leupold scopes are not available in Germany, only some selected models.
The ZEISS Conquests also are very expensive in relation to the US. Especially the 4,5- and the 6,5 are hard to find. So a lot of hunters choose the ZEISS VM serie.

So both brands are not very popular.

A lot of hunters prefers scopes with a rail, and in the last yeas scopes with ill. recticel.

Why are scopes with a rail so hard to find in the US?? In my eyes (all my scopes have rails) they have some advantages.

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Burkhard,
If they put rails on a scope the rail needs to be standardized to fit everyone's mounts. A one inch dia tube is pretty easy to standardize.

Look at the situation with shotgun choke tubes.
You would think one standard thread and length would work for everyone. But no, there are at least 4 variations now.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote