New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minox Binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have anything good, bad, or indifferent to say about Minox binoculars? Warranty? They are based in Germany, but where are they made?

I am looking for a new pair and I just can't part with the $$$$ to buy Swarovski, Zeiss, or Leica. Any input on the Minox would be appreciated.

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be wary of imitation Minox binoculars. I was taken in by a pair. They were very inferior but looked like the real thing. I saved up for a second-hand pair of Swarowski's with a known provenancefrom a reputable seller (I couldn't afford them new).

one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
Several years ago. I bought a pair of Minox 8X32 BRs for birding, squirrel hunting and identifiying the bucks in the woods. They offer true colors, and are clear and bright for the money, but with the polycarbonate frames they're too light (wt.-wise) for me to them hold steady when I need to do a lot of scanning...like when varmint hunting. You might want to try Optics Talk website for more info and comparisons.

Sei wach!

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deutche Optik carries a pretty extensive line of Minox optical stuff including their binoculars. Nice glass and well put togther.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of 8X32's and like them a lot. They're very good if you wear glasses. Leica owns Minox now I believe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Minox binoculars are made in Germany and have a 30 year no fault warranty. They have binoculars of 3 or 4 classes and they offer binos as good as the big 3 Euros for lots less $

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3656 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote