THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    When did Leupold begin offering 50mm objectives?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When did Leupold begin offering 50mm objectives?
 Login/Join

posted
I bought a Vari-X II 3-9x50 and it doesn't have a letter prefix so I can't date it. That's supposed to mean it's pre '74 but I didn't think Leupold was making 50mm objectives in the early 70's?

Posts: 18 | Location: northeast | Registered: 19 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Why not just call Leupold customer service and ask them? They can probably date your scope as well.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
They had them in the late 90's, if I remember correctly.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

When they started marketing to less sophisticated shooters.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

DOH!

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:

DOH!

Or for hunter that likes to watch the moon and stars a night with their riflescope.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3056 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like those "less sophisticated shooters" that are shooting 1/2 moa groups at 1000 yards, or those hitting steel at matches like the Ko2M...?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This "less sophisticated shooter" has a 3.5x10x50 made in 2000.

Posts: 53 | Location: Olympia, WA, USA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I bought a 50mm in 1996.

I guess I am one of those "less sophisticated" types.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1550 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:

What objective sizes are within the range of acceptance to be considered sophisticated? Or is it something like: if you have to ask, you just don't get it?

That one ranks right up there...

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JabaliHunter
posted Hide Post
I had a 50mm VX-III in around 1994 I think

Posts: 712 | Location: England | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote