Find
Notify
Tools

NF Benchrest 8-32x56 on VS SF II
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IanD
posted
I just recently picked up a NF Benchrest 8-32x56 and looking to mount it on this rifle. Any suggestions on mounts and what height would I need? The rifle is chambered in 204 Ruger.

Posts: 366 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Whatever brand of mounts you get, I imagine you'll need high rings.

I quite like the Leupold one-piece mounts that swing off, because they have good lateral adjustments. I imagine they have bases that would fit. Googling the vssf II showed one with Burris Zee Rings, which looked as though they work in a similar way.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am partial to ken farrell rings and bases. The bases tend to run on the high side as in approximately 5/8" above your receiver. I have not found better rings than the ken farrells and have sets ranging from 1" dia. to 34mm dia. I use his 15moa base with set screw recoil lug for my 34mm scope and ken farrell standard height rings and have good clearance over a 1.2" straight taper barrel with a 50mm obj. lens and scope cap.

For a .204 ruger you will not need the integral recoil lug

Posts: 12 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 16 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or Talley. You can call them and they can tell you right away . Good equipment and good guys both . Might get it done with medium Talleys .

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote