New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for mounting spotter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted about a spotting scope for a stock mounted sytem previously, inquiring whether or not a really high powered scope might do as well.

Long story short, I'm now looking for factory produced alternative stocks for this system. I had heard of something called a 'stock-pod' along the way, but can't seem to turn one up in my searches. Did find a stock option from Boyds, which I will try, just looking for alternates.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At my Sportsmans Guide store, they have a Burris toy wooden stock where you can snap in two 25mm scopes for in store comparison.

Is that what you re talking about?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Burlington, well sort of--looking for a lightweight syn stock, that i can mount a spotting scope to. Have been told, and saw once upon a time a rig called a 'stockpod' which was just for this purpose--would like to find this again....

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
I nearly bought a stock-pod from Cabela's a few years ago, but was around $100. Don't think they have them anymore. I bought a cheap synthetic stock for a High Point carbine off e-bay for around $20-25 and duct taped a spotter on it. Crude, but works great!!!!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I saw a similar device for a camera mount awhile back.Had a cable "trigger" to trip the release with.Looked like it would work pretty well.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 2008 Cabela's Shooting catalog has the item you are looking for. It is the "Bush Hawk Shoulder Mount". It is item #ZX 71-2836 and sells for $89.99.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote