New
Find
Notify
Tools

vintage lyman scope interest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know there is a little interest in vintage scopes over-all but need a little help. I have a Lyman 35x All American target scope that I'd like to sell and need to know whether there's actually interest in such a scope. thank you.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there is some interest if you find the right market. I've bought a lot of old scopes on eBay but a lot of other portals do exist.

I don't collect long target scopes because they don't fit my particular focus or scope case, however, sight collecting does seem to be a common pastime and Nick Stroebel has published at least two books on the subject.

The only Lyman 35x I can find in his Old Gunsights & Rifle Scopes is the 'Light Weight Bench Rest' model (LWBR) made between 1983 and 1985, when their scope production ceased. This one probably had turrets as they showed on an ad for the 25x WLBR launched in 1976, though Stroebel's caption wrongly claimed the ad dated from 1970.

Nick valued the 35x between $400 and $600 in 2008 (perhaps before that other economic crisis really bit).

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends, but Ive seen that Lyman and others get close to $1000 depending of condition, I still see those scopes on competition rifles after all these years, and those old boys know their scopes..Theres a few of old dyed in the wool rockchuck hunters in southern Idaho that would kill for such a scope, they get all weird at the gunshows when one shows up... rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote