New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airgun scopes Leupold
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know which Leupold VX 1 and VX2 scopes are compatable with heavy spring powered air guns?
I e mailed Leupold, no answer yet.
Thanks

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2647 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any of them are pretty good about standing up to the double-action recoil of an air rifle. The EFR models (extended focus range) are designed for air rifles, but their lens mountings and reticle systems are the same as a non-EFR variable Leupold. The EFR models will focus and correct for parallax down to air rifle ranges.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called Leupold about using one of the M8 6X scopes on an RWS spring air rifle. I was told that any Leupold scope would work on any air rifle.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold got back to me. They said any of their scopes will take the airgun recoil, but the EER ones will focus better at shot ranges, so I am going to use a 3-9X rimfire scope that is EER and A/O.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2647 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
df06----I been there done that. I tried Leupold 2x-7x compacts, standard 3x-9x and while they will hold up and Leupold stands behind them they don't focus down to air rifle ranges. I finally bought the 3x-9x with EFR and all problems solved--A great scope and worth the money. BTW I did watch these on EBAY several years ago when a new one sold for $307. The used ones always brought at least $275. That made them a $32 scope--very much a bargain.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Carpetman, what you suggested is exactly what I installed on my gun. My earlier post was incorrect.

NRA Patron member