New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red dot sight for Ruger Mk II
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, I have tried the regular sights, the optical iris from Brownell's attached to my eyeglasses, the ONE RAGGED HOLE aperture sight blade, but unfortunately, advancing age requires something else.

I bought a Weigand no-gunsmithing mount and a Millett 1" red dot scope. Accuracy improved, but, but it looked so homely and was so heavy, I sold it.

Now, as it is smaller, and the least expensive of the more advanced sights, am considering the Burris Fastfire II, and am wondering if anyone has had experiences, pro or con with one, and if there are any caveats before spending my $$ for the sight?

Thanks.

Posts: 117 | Location: Utah | Registered: 31 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CC,

You might look at the UltraDot products. I have one on my Ruger slab side. It is low profile, doesn't look "clunky" and is well suited to accurate shooting w/22lr pistols.

Plusses:
1. It mount low using 1" rings, very sleek
2. Has adequate field of view for most uses
3. Comes w/a polarizer and sun shade
4. Cute chicks dig it!!!!!! dancing

Minuses:
1. It costs about $125 from Natchez, you might find it cheaper.
2. Fat chicks dig it too!! Frowner

But seriously, it is a nice, well proportioned setup and I used mine indoors to shoot in the Expert category (imagine what a good shooter could do w/it ).

Mike

Si vis pacem... parabellum

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote