New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality of Tikka Rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just ordered a Tikka T-3 lite in 7/08. I have heard the Tikka rings are not so good. Does anyone have experience with them? Any problems with the rings or mounting system on the Tikka T-3?

I am planning on using a 3-9x40 Nikon Buckmaster or a Bushnell of same power in same price range. Will I have to buy taller rings than what come with the gun for the scope to fit? Thanks for any info. Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are refering to the Optilock rings (made for Tikka and Sako), then I can assure you that they are excellent.

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
They look kind of cheesey, but so far they seem to be doing the job on my 300win, I posted about this several months ago and most thought they were functional.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used the supplied ones on my T3 lite 270WSM.They work just fine. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I did not care for the Tikka rings and went with Warnes on my Tikka and Sako.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 885 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote