New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Customer Service?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Time to break down and buy a good pair of binoculars. I have narrowed it down to Swarovski 8.5x42 ELs or the Zeiss 8x42 T*FLs.

Have heard good things about Swaros customer service but what about Zeiss?

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zeiss is very customer oriented and the only company that offers a lifetime transferable warranty

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3702 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If your comparing the two, Swaro is hands down better, period. In fact they have the best customer service I have ever used. They are imo better than anyone, including Leupold. Zeiss is also very good but Swaro. will cover impact damage, Zeiss will not. In the two your asking about they are both awsome but optically the Zeiss is a little better, higher resoultion in center but with softer edges than el. FL is brighter but EL has a better DOF. The FL has almost no CA. I have both and baby the Zeiss a little more. For hard use with no worries its ELs, LXs, or BAs because of their warranty. Love the Zeiss though, you really can't go wrong.

Posts: 8 | Location: South | Registered: 16 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with both,and customer service has been great with both.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't dealt with Swaro ... Zeiss is superb. No questions asked, fast fast fast service.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't know about Zeiss customer service becasue I have never had anything that said Zeiss on it break and I have owned one Zeiss product or another since 1976.

I currently own a pair of Zeiss 10 X 42 FLs because I found them to be superior to the Leica Ultravid's I had. Everybody's eyes are different. You should go to a store that carries all of the brands you are interested in and compare them side by side on the spot looking at the same thing, rather than looking through one pair one day and a different pair a different day, which is about as bad as compairing different pairs of boots on differnt days instead of wearing one boot on one foot and a different boot on the other foot and actually seeing which gets colder first.

Who know, Swaro's might be better for you. They weren't $500 better for me!!!!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope to sneak off this weekend and get my hands on one of each, along with the Ultravid, and make a decision.

Then I'll probably be giving Doug a call. Big Grin

Was just wondering about the customer service.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya need to give the 10x42 lieca geovid a test drive!!!!!!!!! they are my 10x42 el's twin opticaly

You can't kill them setting on the couch.

Posts: 413 | Location: Roamin' the U.S. for Uncle Sam. | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote