New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fixed power target scopes?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone still make them? There used to be Tasco 24x and 36x fixed power target scopes but I don't see them advertised anymore. Anyone still making fixed (more than 10x) power target scopes?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure, Weaver still makes the T series. Leupold has a bunch including new 25X and 30X silhouette scopes. Sightron makes a 24 and a 36, and there are sure to be others.

Posts: 187 | Location: Nuevo Mexico | Registered: 15 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Weaver T-36 is an excellent scope.
I have an older Leupold 36 x I use for load developing, and Leupold's newer fixed power Benchrest scopes are being used by BR shooters.
I really like that Weaver T-36 as it focuses close for rimfire benchrest shooting, which I shoot.
If you are into barrel mounted scopes like the older Unertls and Lymans, they are available too.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess these scopes are not big enough sellers to make the usual catalogs and sale flyers very often...at least the one's I see. Will do more searching on the web.
Leupold's out of my price range but I have a couple of rifle scopes, and a spotting scope, by Sightron and I like them a lot. So, if Sightron makes a fixed high-power scope I'm interested. Thanks for the info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sightron is making a new Big Sky 36x42. I have not seen one yet, but Sightron has just released them and they are on their way to our location right now.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have friends at Bushnell, they dropped the B&L 24 and 36 power scopes, due to low sales. They claim that the 8-32X variable gives up very little if any to the older models. I have one and tend to agree.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote