New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope choice which one do you think is better
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to call BS on the last post. I have had Leupold scopes on many guns over the years and only once had to send one back, and it was my fault for dropping the gun.

They were great and didnt charge me even though I had admitted dropping the gun and scope. I have a dozen or so on guns right now, from VARI X-ll to VX-lll's and have never had an issue. They are on a variety of guns from a 22 LR up to a 338 Win MAg and 338-06. Many round sno issues.

That said I have been contemplating a Nikon Monarch and my friend has a Zeiss Conquest in 3x9 power that I have looked through a few times and do feel they gather or retain a little more light than the Leupold VX-3's. That said I have never been in a situation where that bit more light made a difference in harvesting an animal or not. I have never had a situation where it was still legal shooting light and I wanted to shoot a deer, but couldn't see sufficiently to shoot. Msybe some poachers could chime in here and tell us how it really is.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
I have purchased five Leupold scopes since 2004 & not one has failed or performed in a less than excellent manner.
I know many other people with Leupold scopes & to my knowledge only ONE had to send a scope in - to have the eyepiece replaced after he slightly squished it.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote