Find
Notify
Tools

Pentax Scopes??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
Does anyone here have any experience with the Game Seeker line from Pentax? I know they are made in China but hope Pentax has made them hold the quality up to their standards.

Steve E............

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have used 2 or 3 gameseekers and had no problems with them,. but they were all used on light recoiling rifles. not the best scope in the world, but for the money they ain'[t half bad. on another note, it doesn't take much $$ to upgrade to the pioneer series which is quite a bit better

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Pentax Pioneer series are the same as the Burris Full Field II scopes and are very decent pieces of hardware.

For the extra dollars I'd buy those! (I have three ... I generally try to go with the Zeiss Conquest line for heavier recoiling rifles but have had no problems with the Burris or equivalent on rifles through the .264 Win Mag level.)

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted Hide Post
I have the Pioneer II on my .17 HMR. Like butch, I haven't had it on anything with recoil, though. So far it's been a great scope for the money.

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long.....

Posts: 82 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a 4-12 Gameseeker on my CZ 452 in 17 hmr and I dropped it in the JD Gator accidentally - it left a mark and made the power ring harder to turn. It held the zero well enough to head shoot a squirrel at 60 yards a short while later. I wouldn't trust one on my go-to rifle but think they are great cheap varmint scopes. I've got a 4.5-14 Pioneer on a Savage 243 that is much nicer and not much more money, that would be better for a deer rifle...in fact it took a deer this season in the hands of a hunter on his very first day of deer hunting.

Zeiss Conquest would be a better choice on a serious hunting rifle but these pentax are great for low dollar varmint scopes.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Pentax Gameseeker 4-12x40 from Sportsmans Guide for $69.97 with the BDC reticle. Seems to be an OK scope, it is not as bright as some of my other scopes ( Burris FFII, Leupold VX1 etc). I have it on a 7-08 rifle, we'll see if it holds up.

Steve E.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
I have a 1st generation Game Seeker 4x32 BDC on my 6.5x55 M1600 Husqvarna. It has been great. It is from the Philippines though. At the time, they made the Game Seeker, and Light Seeker.

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote