THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Nightforce scopes. Are they better than my Ziess Conquest and Leupy VX3

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nightforce scopes. Are they better than my Ziess Conquest and Leupy VX3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have been happy with the Ziess 4.5-14, and just got a Leupy 4.5-14 on another rifle deal, so too soon to tell about this one. Shooting at ranges out to 750 yards with intent to stretch to 900 next summer. Are these scopes worth the $? Are they accurate in the click value, are they repeatable? What about the G7 variation by Gunwerks?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are these scopes worth the $?

Well yes I think that the are and most others to.

Are they accurate in the click value?

Having great tracking is the one big thing wit NF, that and some very good ruggedness, does one wish to beat or shoot the scope.

Are they repeatable? What about the G7 variation by Gunwerks?

Yes they are, and the Gunwerks BDC turrets are nothing but a big stink in my world,

it will only be correct for one load, at one altitude, at one temp and pressure, for the rest you still have to compensate.

Shooting out to 900 meters or so there is no need for other optics than the ones you have,

far cheaper to get a rail/mounts with slope in them and get to it.

/Chris