Find
Notify
Tools

IOR Valdada Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted
Contemplating a new scope for a .340 Weatherby. I've considered all of the usualls, Leupold, Zeiss, Swaro, Nikon, etc. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the IOR Valdada scopes??

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
I just returned a 6x42 for "floaters" in the scope that appeared after the third shot mounted on a lightweight .308.

So IOR in Colorado ships me back the scope, not fixed, with a kind of shitty reply, telling me that I needed to send it back to Romania to be fixed, if I wanted it fixed at all - as I might as well ignore it as minor of a problem as it was.

Definately a minor problem.

Of course, there were instructions for dealing with customs, and what to tell IOR in Romania etc., as they obviously weren't going to do it for me.

The dealer I bought it from took it back and is trading me into a Leupold....and he wasn't too impressed with the letter from IOR either.

Too bad, I loved the reticle....but won't consider buying another one after experiencing their customer service.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Just the kind of reply I was looking for... I agree with the reticles and that's what peaked my interest... But hearing what it would take for a warranty repair I can see that is not the way I'll be going... Specially on something that kicks like a 340 Weatherby... I was pretty well set on a Leupold and will probably go that direction... I was just making sure before I made the decision as to which of the many available scopes out there should be in that mix for my final decision.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I agree with Fireball. They reputedly make/sell very good glass, but that's only part of a useable scope.

Saw my first ones at the SHOT Show in 1997. At the time they looked like good glass, but must have been assembled in a saw mill. Insides were full of dust. Also were awfully heavy for my tastes.

Have watched them over the years, torn with whether to buy one or not. So far, every time I look, the answer has been "NOT". Still tend to be needlessly dirty, clunky heavy, and remind me of a John Deere a lot more than a Ferrari....when what I am really after is a bargain model Rolls Royce of scopes.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote