THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    What's your experience with Swarovski Z6i - illuminated.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your experience with Swarovski Z6i - illuminated.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What's your experience with Swarovski Z6i - illuminated scopes.

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
absolutely great - what do you want to know...?

Just to know: the high magnifition (15x or more) Z6´s have HD lenses which result in the sharpest image I have ever seen on any scopes...

and: take the SR-rail mount option - best system ever!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
my 375 AI wears a Z6i 1.7-10 with TDS reticle and I love it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. How long do the batteries last?

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
Thanks for the replies. How long do the batteries last?

normaly you could use them for years of practical use... running time is given between 50 and more hours, depending on the strength of light output
plus you have a spare one in an extra container on the side adjustment
plus the illumination switches off after 3 hours of non-using
plus a low battery will be indicated by strobing

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
Don't know haven't used mine up yet. Probably at 12-15 hrs of on time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 1.7x10 has succesfully made 2 trips to africa + abunch of moose/deer and bear hunting miles. I can't guess how many hours it has in the field.It has definately logged some miles bumping/vibrating in a plane and in a 4-wheeler scabbard,as well as rattling around on the floor of an aluminum boat(which I think is quite tough on scopes-certainly harder than being cradled in my ever-loving hands while I'm hiking Smiler). It has held up with no problems at all, I've never had a dead or dying battery. I did replace them before each major trip just as insurance. As stated there is room for a spare under one of the turret caps.
For low light applications I really ,really like it.
As far as clarity/resolution goes mine might be a bad example, I have a zeiss conquest 4.5x14 that edges it out on my resolution charts.It's still good, just not as good as I thought it would be.
Physically it is a BIG scope, the ocular bell in particular is quite large, on a bolt gun I have often had to mount it higher than I would prefer in order to clear the bolt throw. On a kimber/winchester/mauser etc- it has to be mounted very high to clear a 90 degree bolt.
If it died tomorrow I would probably replace it with another one exactly like it, it really does excel in low light situations. I like it quite abit better than the illuminated leupolds and nightforce that I have.
I do not have an illuminated S&B or zeiss to compare it with so cannot offer an opinion on them.

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have both Zeiss and Swarovski scopes. My eyes like better the Zeiss solution.