New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Signature Rings.. Your Opinions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for some input about Signature Rings (with the polymer inserts).

How well do the hold up for moderate rcoiling rifles; say, .30-06 and under?

I'm looking for a good set orf rings to use on a new Savage LRPV in .22-250.

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love them. Use them on every rifle I can get mount bases for. Even changed out existing mounts for them. Don't mark scope body, avoid the need for lapping rings, make up for misalignment in factory drilled receivers and with appropriate inserts can make ajustments to get the reticle properly centred in relation to the optic axis. I've used them up to 375 H&H and not had any slippage.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like'em. I use them on all rifles where they (and the suitable - Weaver type - bases) are available. I have personally not used them for calibers more powerful than a .308, though.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used them on my 338 WM. After about 500 rounds through the rifle the scope never moved in the rings. I can't say the scope held up as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies!

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great item. I've just installed a Leupold Vari-XIII 1.5-5 scope on my 375 H&H Parker Hale, with Weaver style bases and Burris Signature rings; as often happen, I had to use the 0.01 offset inserts to correct a sensible lateral misalignement between the receiver holes and the barrel. I'll probably shoot a handful of cartridges tomorrow, so I don't know whether the scope will move or not (I bet not). Anyway, I can say that, broadly speaking, gloss finish scopes are more prone to slip than the matt finish ones. Last week I sent an email to Burris, asking them why don't they manufacture a quick detach version of their Signature rings. It could be a succesful idea, IMO. I've installed another Signature ring set on a target 308W rifle (again, the 0.01 offset inserts were needed) and the quite big Nikon scope, after a good amount of cartridges shot, didn't slip at all.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple sets and like them well enough in medium to high ring applications for stand and/or spot-n-stalk hunts (2.5-8x36, 3-9x40, 3.5-10x50). I'd like to be able to get them a bit lower on some of my still hunting scopes (3x20, 1.5-5x20, 1.75-6x32, 2-7x33). Had no trouble loosening up on either my 7mm Rem or 338 WM.

"No game is dangerous unless a man is close up"
Teddy Roosevelt 1885.

Posts: 211 | Location: SEAK USA | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time and oxidation will take their toll on any plastic eventually. I have no idea what the useful life of the inserts is, but I've always been a little dubious about their long-term viability. Of course, I am a certified Luddite, and a I personally know of no one who has outlived their Signature inserts.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I had a set on a 300 Wby and a set on a 300 RUM for years with no trouble at all. I wouldn't use anything else. They are on my 22's on up. It is nice to take a scope out of the rings that has been on a kicking rifle a few years and you cannot even tell where the rings were after wiping them down. They are the best I have ever used. God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1370 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote