Find
Notify
Tools

Scope base for Weatherby Mark XXII
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted
I don't want to use the dovetail system that is machined into my receiver, but a traditional base/ring system.

I prefer a dovetail front and windage adustable rear, Leupold or Redfield type system.

What base fits the Mark XXII ?

Caliber is .17 HMR, but I don't think that makes a difference

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
Neither the Weatherby or the Leupold web sites have a list or chart for matching bases to rifles.

Any help here?

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just looked through the Midway catalog and it shows nothing. Went to their web and the only thing I saw for your rifle are bases made by Talley that require the use of Talley rings.

til later

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming it doesn't use the Mark V type bases?

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloader,evidently not as I checked Weatherbys web and it says the Talley ring and base set-up is specially made for the Mark XXll. Looks to be the same as I saw at Midway.

til later

one of us
posted Hide Post
I actually called Weatherby a few months ago about this same issue. The only bases available for the Mark XXII can be purchased directly through Weatherby.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon,you must be right as I see Midway shows them"back ordered but ok to order". I've been that route before! In case you don't know,the youth model Marlin .22 915 is drilled and tapped for bases but they must be purchased through Marlin.

til later

one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
Found out that the Mark XXII is made for Weatherby by Anschutz. The action is the same as the Anschutz Model 64, and they use the same bases.

Would like to use the Talley bases with the integral rings, but they only come in matte finish. This gun is too pretty to mismatch parts!

Now, to decide whether to go Conetrol or Redfield!!

NO COMPROMISE !!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got mine from Brownells, for ,y Wby XXII
Redfield bases, that are turn in on front and windage adjustable in the rear.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote