New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jesus! Can you believe this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just found a folder lying here in the pile around the bottom of my desk and it appears to contain airline tickets to some place called Namibia! With my name on them! From all appearances, it looks like I'm booked for 9 days somewhere in the bush of North-Central Namibia! And I have to leave Sunday! How the hell did that happen?

Oh, well. I suppose I'll go. If I have to.

Probably have to shoot a kudu, gemsbok and an eland just to get out of the country for God's sake! Never know what those locals will demand of you.

Let's hope something like a zebra or heartebeest doesn't come along and muck things up.

I'll do it, if I have to. But I better not have to sit around one of those lapa fire pits and have someone hand me a whiskey, neat, along with a cold German beer while I wait for grilled eland strips.

What a mess!

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you coming back so we can get together?
The wife and I are going to ride up Kenebec pass tomorrow and end up at the Seasons for supper. Have a good trip...wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
TWL,

It's a tough job to manage the game population in African countries. Good luck hope you can manage.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Enjoy a cold Windhoek when you get there!

Good hunting!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, the things some of us get stuck having to do.

Have a great trip!

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guess I could force myself to go in your stead if you just can't.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gee, what a bad day. boohoo

Somehow you'll make it...and bring back photos.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weidman's Heil! Have a ball and enjoy the beer and Joe's if you can. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote