Find
Notify
Tools

GANYANA CUP
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
This week end we competed in a difficult match with bolt action rifles and IPSC scoring system ,for the GANYANA CUP ,dontated by the famous PH from Zimbawe .Th test included running ,obstacles,and a COOPERs tunnel ,known by IPSC shooters,the incredible thing was tha my son of 11 yeras old was 3rd overall among 40 adult shooters including phs,and police snipers.
THANKS TO BILINTHEWILD AND DON HEATH .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
the GANYANA CUP ,dontated by the famous PH from Zimbawe

Cup? I'm gonna have nightmares. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your son. I keep hearing things about him that makes me think he is a serious shooter. Wink

As to Ganyana's cup...I'm not going to touch that one (no pun intended).

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is a "Coopers tunnel"?
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
The Coopers tunnel was designed by Jeff Cooper ,at gunsite ,the roof of the tunnel has several sticks if you touch one ,it falls an you loose points ,its well known by IPSC shoters ,so you have to crawl very fast with your rifle ,not practiced by many hunters .
On respect at my son he has 12 years old but he shoots with pistol ,shotgun and rifle everyday,he will compete seriously in IPSC ,now he aids me in the hunting company,and when i train the cops he takes advantage of that and shoots submachine guns,sniper rifles and assault rifles ,HE ASKS EVERY DAY TO HUNT IN AFRICA SO....

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will look forward to shooting with him.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Juan. I have shot IPSC but only with pistols, not in the 3 gun events. I have not shot at Gunsite.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Was the cup a sadaz pot with a 41 magnum hole in it? Ganyana will know what I mean. stir lefty

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
This is a photo from the last tactical match ,a combined test of rifle and pistol shooting ,part of the test is based on the ZIMBAWE RIFA-RIFA rifle test ,the rest is a very difficult match where you have to fire from most of the rifle positions posible .The annual trophy is a cup donated by DON HEATH ,a shooter that is very respected here.Shooting is my son ,last week end ,this photo is for you yukon delta.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
THE PHOTO

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan, you must be aq very proud dad.

stu

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Juan,

Congrats to both of you!!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
Was the cup a sadaz pot with a 41 magnum hole in it? Ganyana will know what I mean. stir lefty

Perry

We probably shouldn't be talking about Ganyana's secrets - but I do wonder if the pot contains the remains of a shattered door knob?

Posts: 41 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark.

It was a particularly vicious sadza pot hiding behind the door Big Grin Big Grin. It desperately needed shooting- nearly as much as the wovets that had threatened to screw up Perry's hunt

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Don ,this is the manner i work my bolt actions ,not very difficult since im trined to never release the trigger hand .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Some of the shooters ,after training with pistols,all of them did the zimbawe test designed by DON HEATH and after that some difficult exercises where you have to shoot from most of the rifle positions even lateral prone .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Another view of the exercises ,the ganyana trophy is a bronze lion over wood ,DON not only donated the trophy but sent here an original puma white hunter with hippo hide handle used by his brother in the SELOUS SCOUTS and will end lion claws for another trophy ,he was feautured in local MAGNUN magazine.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Mark.

It was a particularly vicious sadza pot hiding behind the door Big Grin Big Grin. It desperately needed shooting- nearly as much as the wovets that had threatened to screw up Perry's hunt

Knowing you, I never doubted it was a justified shooting - just a pity one of those wovets wasn't holding it at center mass!

Posts: 41 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's been helpful to me, very cordial, taking time with pm''s. But Ganyana? What In the Hell is your bloody name!? Nom de plume, nom de guerre...whatever. What the hell is the Judeo-Christian name that the white folk in the hospital wrote on your birth certificate??!! killpc

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
White folks, hospital, birth certificate??? This is Ganyana were are talking about. He wasn't born...he was assembled from spare parts by game guards and turned loose into the wilds of Rhodesia.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
He's been helpful to me, very cordial, taking time with pm''s. But Ganyana? What In the Hell is your bloody name!? Nom de plume, nom de guerre...whatever. What the hell is the Judeo-Christian name that the white folk in the hospital wrote on your birth certificate??!! killpc

Urquhart is hardly a Judeo-Christian name WinkBut somebody blessed me with it!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote