Find
Notify
Tools

Practice is Overrated
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now we know, lack of practise…

During a recent buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe a very well-known PH stated to me: "Germans and Austrians are far better hunters and shots than Americans. Hunters from the States often miss or wound. In Germany and Austria one has a rich hunting tradition, the guys have to pass a strict test before they get a hunting license.”

No reason to become angry with me, his words, not mine.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I missed a real hippo at 50 yards! clap[/QUOTE]

What!! Eeker Pre-no miss bullets, I’m sure.

I’m very fortunate to live where I can, and do, shoot something almost every day. Might just be 10-15 .22 LR or .40 S&W, but might also be half dozen .470 or .505. I think it helps a lot.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
During a recent buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe a very well-known PH stated to me: "Germans and Austrians are far better hunters and shots than Americans. Hunters from the States often miss or wound. In Germany and Austria one has a rich hunting tradition, the guys have to pass a strict test before they get a hunting license.

In 2019 I hunted in both Austria and Germany, had to do the test for my German hunting license and did it at a very nice indoor shooting facility in Ulm. Had a huge computerized video screen with videos of different animals appearing/crossing. A red dot appeared where my bullet struck and was “scored”, I passed. In front of the firing line the concrete floor had many pock marks, lots of them, the range master said that was where people had shot the floor instead of the target. Lots of pock marks.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:

In 2019 I hunted in both Austria and Germany, had to do the test for my German hunting license and did it at a very nice indoor shooting facility in Ulm. Had a huge computerized video screen with videos of different animals appearing/crossing. A red dot appeared where my bullet struck and was “scored”, I passed. In front of the firing line the concrete floor had many pock marks, lots of them, the range master said that was where people had shot the floor instead of the target. Lots of pock marks.

Indoor shooting facilities are real fun. In order to use them you don’t need a hunting license, that’s the reason why some shooters hit the floor instead of the target. Surely it won’t happen with qualified hunters.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Practice is like money.

Over rated until you need it! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote