New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania 46" Sable - Video!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks, here's the video of the week from Vision Quest and Global Hunting Resources. Please subscribe to our youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/rDMJAd-VuLg

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, the quality an content of that video are both outstanding. Thanks for posting.....that's a dream hunt of mine.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Great footage. What a Sable !

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superb!!
Only in West Tanzania will you still find such natural, free-roaming specimen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great footage and a wonderful Sable. Bruce

Posts: 376 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Superb!!

Roosevelt?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a common sable Andrew

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome sable and footage!

I was lucky enough to take a 46" sable near lake Rukwa as well.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Great footage, lovely sable!

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

My ass that thing is common!

rotflmo

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Superb!!

Roosevelt?

Not Roosevelt - This would be the Hippotragus Aaronsis variety. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Then fujotupu's statement is incorrect.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it were a Roosevelt it would qualify as the new and probably unbeatable world record!

Other than that, the Roosevelt Sable is only found in the Selous and its immediate borders the northern part of Mozambique.

The rest of sables taken in other areas of Tanzania are known as the Common or East African Sable.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Great clip. Truly a magnificent animal!

Good to know that even the pros get their heart rates up when they are on the sticks ! Wink

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it were a Roosevelt it would qualify as the new and probably unbeatable world record!

Other than that, the Roosevelt Sable is only found in the Selous and its immediate borders the northern part of Mozambique.

The rest of sables taken in other areas of Tanzania are known as the Common or East African Sable.

Andrew is referring to the statement that only in west tanzania you find that kind of sable, referring to the big sable he takes in the kafue of zambia

Also I believe that a couple of roosevelts of about that size and bigger have been shot in Federico Gellinis Kilwa area

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 531 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Fantastic sable Aaron, very nice footage, so far I have really liked Vision Quest!

Manuel Maldonado

Posts: 531 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys - Thank you all for checking out the Vision Quest videos. We plan to continue new episodes of the next few months.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Manuel,

quote:
Also I believe that a couple of roosevelts of about that size and bigger have been shot in Federico Gellinis Kilwa area

Photographic evidence to back up those 2 Roosevelts "matching and larger" taken in Gellini's area would be of interest as in all the years I have spent hunting in and adjacent the Selous have I ever seen/shot any over 42"

You can expect to find Roosvelts in Kilwa Open as it borders the Selous and therefore part of the SGR ecosystem.

It is also a fact that you will not find the larger bodied/horned Common Sable in the Selous. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manuel,

quote:

Photographic evidence to back up those 2 Roosevelts "matching and larger" taken in Gellini's area would be of interest as in all the years I have spent hunting in and adjacent the Selous have I ever seen/shot any over 42"

You can expect to find Roosvelts in Kilwa Open as it borders the Selous and therefore part of the SGR ecosystem.

It is also a fact that you will not find the larger bodied/horned Common Sable in the Selous. Wink

I managed to kill a pretty good Roosevelt Sable in Kilwa open area last year. I had to wade through the carcasses of poached elephants and dodge wood poachers in the process.

I saw probably, 20-30 trophy sized Sable during that safari.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3536 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I managed to kill a pretty good Roosevelt Sable in Kilwa open area last year.

Nganga,

How many including the one you shot were close to 46 - or were they more in the 39-41 class?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nganga,

How many including the one you shot were close to 46 - or were they more in the 39-41 class?

I would go to the next class lower. I bet the largest I saw was 38-39? Saw a couple big dead ones. The place was littered with dead shit.

The air was permeated with the foul stench of death...everywhere.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3536 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Manuel,

quote:

https://www.facebook.com/photo...4103.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo...4140.&type=3&theater

Manuel Maldonado

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

Nganga,

I would go to the next class lower. I bet the largest I saw was 38-39? Saw a couple big dead ones. The place was littered with dead shit.

And then there are many who refuse to let such atrocities happen.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nganga,

Hi Andrew,
It is beyond my ability to comprehend how an operator would allow his GMA to deteriorate to this point.

The land and animals were being decimated by human greed.

There were 75 local workers employed by some guy from Dubai who was building a humongous personal residence, 200 yards from the only permanent water for miles.

Biggest disappointment in my 20 years of international hunting.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo...4103.&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo...4140.&type=3&theater[/QUOTE]

Manuel,

Without doubt there are a couple of very nice (and not so nice) specimens which however do not make 46 or over.

Some of the stated measurements also offer some doubt but nevertheless still handsome trophies for Roosevelt Sable.

The repertoire of photos excluding Kabojo (Masailand) are not all of the Kilwa South concession. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of sable from that area. I thought mine were nice, well they are, but 46" is incredible. Can't watch the video for some reason.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nganga,

Hi Andrew,
It is beyond my ability to comprehend how an operator would allow his GMA to deteriorate to this point.

There were 75 local workers employed by some guy from Dubai who was building a humongous personal residence, 200 yards from the only permanent water for miles.

Sorry to hear that Steve and I know you were really looking forward to it.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nganga,

Hi Andrew,

Research, research and research. Kilwa's best days are looooong gone and even back then, it was known as a decent ele area (in season) with medium other game.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nganga,

Hi Andrew,

Research, research and research. Kilwa's best days are looooong gone and even back then, it was known as a decent ele area (in season) with medium other game.

You're 100% correct. I did as much research as there was information available. There was but two hunt reports. One good, one bad.

The bad one was in relation to Elephant hunting, which I wasn't doing. My booking agent, whom had no skin in this particular game asked around and got nothing bad back.

I spoke to the PH personally. What I got was lied to.

Example; I asked a very direct question; "How many camps are in the GMA?" ONE, OK then I am requesting a private camp. The gist was obviously I want the GMA to myself. When I arrived, Federico told me that he has built me a "Beautiful fly camp."

He had given the main safari camp to a group of 6 Chinese hunters. They were hunting Everything. I had a 21 day license as well. A shit GMA like this wasn't going to produce enough of the iconic species for one Safari, much less two competing.

When I arrived at the fly camp, my only two options were; make the best of it or be a little bitch and throw a fit. I decided to continue on with the hunt.

I wound up killing everything I wanted other than East African Eland. I was loosely interested in Leopard but have killed enough to not be disappointed. Lion wasn't really of interest due to the good Dr. Palmers kerfuffle.

Perhaps I should start a new thread rather than to continuing to derail this one.

This comment goes directly to SCI. How in the hell do they give international hunter of the year to this outfit?

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Aaron - beautiful Sable!
Brittman