THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Who Is NOT Afraid Of Elephants?? You Will Be Surprised!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Is NOT Afraid Of Elephants?? You Will Be Surprised!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Wimps!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am afraid of anything that is more than willing to die in order to kill or injure me.

And I am not afraid to admit it.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I recall, there was a project (cannot remember where exactly) where the villagers were taught how and where to place beehives to protect their crops from marauding elephants.
How successful this project was I am not sure but seeing Elephants tend to favor raiding crops at night when the villagers and bees are asleep, would take it with a pinch of salt.

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find it hare to believe that bees would fly up an elephant's trunk. There is no reason to do that and it is dangerous for the bees.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indy:
I find it hare to believe that bees would fly up an elephant's trunk. There is no reason to do that and it is dangerous for the bees.

Somehow it is apparently true seeing that wild bees most certainly do not live in beehives (as we know a beehive) but in hollow tree trunks.

And who knows what goes on in the bee's mind? - it might just be that they know the inside of the elephant's trunk is the most vulnerable part of its anatomy and where to attack.

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A swarm of bees very recently attacked and killed 2 horses belonging to a friend of ours. Once they swarm you, you have little chance of getting rid of them while they crawl in every orifice injecting their venom. They were deep inside the horses nostril, ears and even stinging their eyeballs!

As for elephant bee fences....mixed results as far as bein an effective deterrent from everything that I have read and heard.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote