Notify
Tools

Woman killed by croc
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Woman killed by croc
2010-01-03 18:05

Johannesburg - A 27-year-old woman is believed to have been killed by a crocodile while swimming in a river in Phalaborwa on New Year's Day, Limpopo police said on Sunday.

Superintendent Mohale Ramatseba said the incident happened around 13:00 on Friday. The woman was swimming with seven friends when something in the water got hold of her upper body.

"Her friends saw a crocodile grabbing her and vanishing with her body into the water.

"They called the police and the divers, who searched for the body without finding it up until now. The search for the body is still continuing," said Ramatseba.

The name of the victim has not yet been released.

A missing person's docket was opened at the Phalaborwa police station.

- SAPA

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, what is that expression about how the Darwin theory arranges to see that only the "fittest survive". Small wonder that crocs have survived when I read of these type of stories. (Left up to me I would see to it that crocs -and hyenas - died many eons ago. Well, maybe, I would allow hyenas to survive. (They do clean up the garbage)

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Just how much you reckon they'd hve to pay you to DIVE into waters on a body recovery effort? I've done some boat motor recovery in murky water, but never had to worry 'bout crocs.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote