Find
Notify
Tools

Africa or North America?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted
I've never been to Africa and truthfully see know reason to.If you had a choice where you could only live and hunt,which would it be,Africa or North America and why???

Alot of opinions and personalities on here with experience at both.

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Jayco,

Humans have an amazing capacity to define whatever conditions they find themselves in as "normal".

In my opinion America is the best country to live in, but the best hunting is in Africa. Africa has it all: the romance of hundreds of years of bush hunting to read and vicarously experience, and then miles and miles of miles of bush still available to experience it for yourself. Plus a great variety of animals of extensive populations. There are also some really great people to meet there too. I really enjoy not knowing what critter is around the next bush, and also the huge number and variety of bird life.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, Hunter Jim's got it right. Plus, you don't have to freeze your tookus off!

Posts: 322 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
That was an answer..Thank you.I often wondered at the espn thing with Tony Mc'afee and now it's all Africa.Kinda miss him hunting Elk and Moose with Tom Sellik and Brad Johnson and making old guns new.

I've always wondered and respect everyone here..

Thanks again.............Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just may Take, but a plains game in South Africa/Namibia etc is really good bang for the buck. Beats heck out of a 3k Elk hunt that the only thing you get out of if is saddle sores and well broken boots.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The question is fundamentally in error since you can do both.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

If you had a choice where you could only live and hunt,which would it be,Africa or North America and why???

If you are white and want a future I would not choose Africa as a place to plan little 'NitroX' generations in the future. If most people won't even invest there how can you invest your life there.

But a great place to visit and I WOULD choose to live their for a limited period (ie a few years) if given the opportunity. Tried to after Uni and was offered a job there but the pay wasn't enough to pay debts back home and no way to ge forex out (Apartheid days - hey they loved me at Uni when I said I wanted to work in South Africa! ) Ended up in the UK instead, but travelled extensively in Africa .

BUT I would choose neither. Both are way too crowded for my liking.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote