New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebola in Uganda
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Things are not under control as Ebola has crossed from DRC.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The mourning practices in that part of the world are the perfect storm for transmission. Sad.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I think it’s been bouncing between Kinshasa and Mt Elgon for a very long time. You have to appreciate a continent so capable of creating things to kill you. At least I do...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering how this will affect people's travels?

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always like a link:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u...go-outbreak-spreads/

Borders may as well not exist in Equatorial Africa, and there is no real epidemiology, so his is the first case we KNOW about.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

I don't even book Uganda but I would not be cancelling a safari there because of three isolated cases of Ebola. Multiple people get killed here in Vegas from shootings, car accidents etc everyday but that doesn't make me want to stay in my house all day. If you are booked with a reputable safari company they are not going to take you anywhere near an Ebola outbreak. If people are cancelling hunts in other countries because of Ebola in Uganda it is from shear panic only. There is NO reason to be concerned about Ebola as a tourist hunter.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

I don't even book Uganda but I would not be cancelling a safari there because of three isolated cases of Ebola. Multiple people get killed here in Vegas from shootings, car accidents etc everyday but that doesn't make me want to stay in my house all day. If you are booked with a reputable safari company they are not going to take you anywhere near an Ebola outbreak. If people are cancelling hunts in other countries because of Ebola in Uganda it is from shear panic only. There is NO reason to be concerned about Ebola as a tourist hunter.

Mark

I hunted there in March and saw the precautions they were taking on the western border. Impressive, but a lot folks walk across via the jungle.
I would not cancel a trip there over this. It is not in the main hunting areas.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Possibly coming to the unfortunate of us in the USA care of our porous southern border.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote