THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Remember the wounded waterbuff? Picture

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the wounded waterbuff? Picture
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Remember the water buff story I made a couple of weeks ago? I've made a VERY bad first shot and screw it but later we were able to kill it. I've feel really bad for some time but now I'm ok and ready to take my revange Wink

One more thing, I don't know if I'm bothering someone posting waterbuffs pict here but I feel they naturaly belong to this forum. Just tell me if any problem and I will start posting them in "Rest of the World.." between deers and pigs bawling Big Grin

I'm the third one starting from the buff head.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I, for one, like to see the pictures. I hardly visit any of the other forums. Thanks for posting it here.

A lot of us have an addiction to shooting bovines, so it is a bit of a fix.

Thanks.

As for the bad shot, we all make them. If you hunt long enough, it will happen. You should be concerned if you did not feel bad about the shot. It is out of respect for the animal that you feel the regret of a kill not done quickly and clean.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo--Wendell hit the proverbial bullseye with his statement--plus you did your part with following it up and finishing the job--

looks like a pretty good buff--congrats--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
Good for you, I like the waterbuff pictures and they fit right in with this bunch..Keep up the good work...Nice bull, and hey in the real world of hunting, such things happen to everyone, no one escapes clean except on the internet of course!! sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Great picture! Those Water Buffs are some big hunks of meat, for sure!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I like the sepia tone to the photo.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
Great Photo!

Are they implementing any new restrictions in Uruguay similar to whats going on in Argentina now??

quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
Remember the water buff story I made a couple of weeks ago? I've made a VERY bad first shot and screw it but later we were able to kill it. I've feel really bad for some time but now I'm ok and ready to take my revange Wink

One more thing, I don't know if I'm bothering someone posting waterbuffs pict here but I feel they naturaly belong to this forum. Just tell me if any problem and I will start posting them in "Rest of the World.." between deers and pigs bawling Big Grin

I'm the third one starting from the buff head.

L

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lot of us have an addiction to shooting bovines, so it is a bit of a fix.

As for the bad shot, we all make them. If you hunt long enough, it will happen. You should be concerned if you did not feel bad about the shot. It is out of respect for the animal that you feel the regret of a kill not done quickly and clean.

Absolutely correct on both counts. If it does anything resembling a "moo" my mouth waters. And three bad shots over the last thirty years are still burned on my memory and make me blush. The truly rotten thing is that they can still happen no matter how much I practice and how careful I think I'm going to be.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote