THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Another Pair Of Tusks For You To Guessw The Weight Of For An AR Calendar
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Pair Of Tusks For You To Guessw The Weight Of For An AR Calendar
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

You do have a bet my friend, I do hope and pray you are right.

History says otherwise, though.

BY the way, the hyena was named after a character as an insult - by Walter, long before GWB came into the equation [Big Grin]

Posts: 66975 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Deafdog>
posted
OK Saeed

Top 68lbs

Bottom 65lbs

Both 120lbs

The Hyena "Bill Clinton"

Regards
Deafdog

one of us
posted Hide Post
Top-72
Bottom-65
total-137

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
top:37lb
bottom:40lb

Bakes

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
OK

Top 38.5 lbs (left)

Bottom 36.7 lbs (right)

Total 75.2 lbs

The hyaena's name is "Mike".

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
The winners are welcome to send your calenders to me and I will be happy to audograph them for you since the logo that Saeed has choosen for the AR calender is my art work. [Big Grin] Thank you Saeed.
 -

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Doug,

The logo we are using is the same one that was chosen for the hats, I was not sure who did it.

If it was yours, please send me your mailing address, I will be happy to send one to you.

Posts: 66975 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
first tusk: 48 lbs.
second tusk: 42 lbs.
total: 90 lbs.
Hyena: Robert Mugabe

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking this ivory may be more dense and had a small nerve.....soooooooooooo, Top#62 lbs and bottom #67 lbs.

Good Hunting, "Z"

Posts: 352 | Location: Grand Island, NE. USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay this time I checked to make sure the contest wasn't over before I entered. Top is 58 lbs. 4.35 oz. bottom is 51 lbs. 6 oz.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
#1 54
#2 58
Hope im right this time [Embarrassed] [Frown]

Posts: 174 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
#1 - 39 LBS
#2 - 37 LBS

TOTAL - 76 LBS

Posts: 284 | Location: Plant City, Fl,USA | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Saeed the one choosen for the hat was done by CCHunter. The one on the calender is my design. I would like one IF it it autographed by you & Walter. [Big Grin] Remember in my design the earth had too many colors for a hat logo.

[ 03-02-2003, 01:28: Message edited by: D Humbarger ]

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
#1 41.6 lbs
#2 42.7 lbs

Posts: 54 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
43.5 - top
47.5 - bottom
total - 91 lbs.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug, you are assuming that Walter can write. [Big Grin]

[ 03-02-2003, 10:42: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
In that case Saeed can witness Walters mark! ROFLMAO [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Top: 54.5 lbs
Bottom: 59.3 lbs

Total: 113.8lbs

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
<J Brown>
posted
Top: 48lbs
bottom: 49lbs

Jason

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Top: 43
Bottom: 47
Total: 90

Hyena: George

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I can see we have to think of something else for the next contest instead of ivory guessing weight!

Too many of you are becoming quite good at it.

OK, here are the answers:

Each tusk weighs 17 Kgs = 37.4 pounds
Hyena's name is Gladys, in honor of someone's mother-in-law!

Here are the winners:

George Hoffman for the total.
Tradewinds - 37
Mbogo - 37
Bakes - 37
Ralph - 37

I have George's address, and one calendar is already on its way to him.

The other named gentlemen, please email me your snail mail addresses, and tell me your forum handles as well please, so I know who has responded.

posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhhhhh............. No........ *Falls to his knees* i thought it was bigger then that Well next time i will Win [Big Grin]

Posts: 174 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What "BS"! The one guy who identifies them as a matched set and is less that a pound off on each tusk and I get squat?? At least send me April and May for goodness sakes. [Wink]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Many thanks. I guess that it is appropriate that I just requested one of your CD's with elephant footage [Big Grin] . I promise to practice before the next contest so I won't be off a whole pound on the second tusk [Wink] .

You should already have my address on my CD request. You are truly a generous and gracious host.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
44 #
46 #

90 # Total

SPOT

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Finley
posted Hide Post
Well boys, hate to crash the party but I had a guess of 37.5 lbs for one of those tusks. Did I do something wrong???? I was only off by .10 of a lb? [Razz]

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Finley, I think it was closest without going over! [Smile]

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Finley,

My apologies fot missing your answer.

It serves me right! by missing your answer, I hav ended up sending out several for those who guessed 37 [Confused]

Please send me your address, and I will have a calendar off to you immediately.

one of us
Picture of Finley
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks alot!! I will send off my address right away. Thanks for your generosity and thanks for this great web site!

Jarrett

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I should quit while i'm ahead but my guess is top one 61lbs and bottom 57lbs. They look thinner than the previous pair but also appear longer. My guess is that the length more than makes up for the thickness.

Springbok

Posts: 84 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
yaaahoooo, I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
51lbs top 53.5 lbs bottom

Posts: 231 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i will say total of 97 lbs. top 50lbs. bottom 47lbs. the total weight is probably what one of them weighs . oh it is all in fun .Bob [Smile]

Posts: 116 | Location: N.J. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Top 54.5
Bottom 51.25

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote