New
Find
Notify
Tools

cape buffalo photo on this forum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Regarding the photo at the top of this forum. That man is either a pygmy midget, or, that is the largest shoulder-fired howitzer ever built.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by filmit:
Regarding the photo at the top of this forum. That man is either a pygmy midget, or, that is the largest shoulder-fired howitzer ever built.

The photo is of a giant of a man.

The buffalo is several times bigger than a normal cape buffalo.

The rifle is the most deadly shoulder fired weapon invented by man.

We wanted to keep all this secret, and now you have forced our hands to tell it all clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The photo is of a giant of a man.

The buffalo is several tims bigger than a normal cape buffalo.

The rifle is the most deadly shoulder fired weapon invetnted by man.

We wanted to keep all this secret, and now you have forced our hands to tell it all clap

You forgot to mention that he is a genius, a suave ladies man, invincible and the one shot terror of all of Africa!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The cape buffalo in the picture is actually the offspring of a transplanted experimental herd first established by the U.S. Government in area 51 of the Nevada desert in the early 1950's. The hunter is well known the world over and he is considered to be one of the very best buffalo hunters on the planet. His shooting skills and abilities are legendary, and the rifle that he uses was custom made just for him by a famous Texas firm known for its larger than life (and larger than Texas) big bores. It is a bolt action light mountain rifle in 650 NE.

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

......and he can cook, too!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I forgot to mention that he recently won the gold medal in the all-around world BBQ championship for his leopard bait BBQ recipe. The finals were held in October in Tanzania.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I think you blokes have got it completely wrong. Firstly, it's a Lord Derby's Buffalo which is bigger anyway, the rifle was custom built to accommodate the hunter's longer than usual arms and the bloke is of mixed race with one parent a leprechaun and the other a tokolosh.

The leprechaun side of him explains his diminuative size and the tokolosh side of him explains the long arms, big hands and the way he manages to get into everything, stuff it up as quickly as possible and cause chaos everyhere he goes. Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikoloshe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, no, no, silly, that's a Roosevelt's Buffalo, not a Lord Derby's, and I believe that one of his parents was a renegade hobbit, not a leprechaun. Just look at the hands and you'll see. hilbily

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
UEG,

It's not often I disagree with you but take a look at the definite lines on the boss of that animal and you'll see that they're straight which is a firm indication it's a Lord Derby's Buffalo and not a Roosevelt's. The Roosvelt subspecies has zig zag lines, not straight ones. I was also unaware that LD Buffalo and hobbits could interbreed, but you might be right there. - Although if they can, I'd have expected to see feet rather than hooves on the animal. Confused

I also think you're wrong on the hobbit front. The picture you show isn't a hobbit at all, it's a gollum and gollums have suckers on their fingertips to help them climb in their rocky habitat. They also have large eyes to help them see in the dark because they usually live in small caves etc. You might also like to take a look at the pic on the wiki/leprechaun link I posted......... there's a very firm resemblance between that pic and the guy in the pic........ I'm SURE he has leprechaun blood in him! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I always thought you knew a lot about natural history............... I was obviously wrong. Wink rotflmo

Ah shit, this is actually hurting my ribs!

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shakari: By golly, you're absolutely right! On second look it IS a Lord Derby's buffalo! homer I had confused the straight and zig zag lines for the two species. Do you know if Life Form has ever mounted one for a client before? You might check with Bridgit. clap As to Walter's genetic background, I'm still a believer that Walter has got some gollum in him. . .just look at those hands again. I have been told by some through the AR grapevine (not common knowledge) that he is the illegitimate bastard son of Santa Claus, and that's why Saeed treats him the way that he does. And, you know where the white bearded man goes and who he visits and what he does every December! He isn't just taking presents, eating cookies and milk, and then quickly and quietly leaving! So, it shouldn't surprise anyone that he's possibly got gollum blood in him as well. jumping As to knowing my history, well, I must taken exception to your assessement. I am really good about NATURAL history, but I must confess that I'm terrible when it comes to UNATURAL history! animal animal

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
UEG,

Glad you agree. I have to admit, it's very easy to get the two sub species confused. The zig zag thing is always a tad confusing and it actually gets PHs killed occasionally because they zig when they should have zagged. Wink

I don't know if everyone at Lifeform has mounted one - but I do suspect a few of them might have done. - I did overhear a conversation the other day where two members of staff were talking about 2 gorillas and one said the client wanted them mounted and the other guy was saying they'd look better just holding hands........... so I do have my doubts about some of the staff. Eeker

Of course, Walter being Walter, it could be that he actually has four parents and then of course we'd both be right....... However, I am sure that he looks very similar to that picture in the leprechaun on the Wiki site. rotflmo But I do also see your point about gollum.

Guess I'd better get my ass to the hospital now to get my cracked ribs bandaged up! jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
Laughed so hard reading this my ribs hurt! Way too funny

dancing dancing dancing dancing

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
....suckers on the fingertips - that answers a long standing mystery! How Santa climbs back up the chimney shocker

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are all close....He is really a midget with giant hands rotflmo

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There were some suggestions that we photoshopped this photo.

I can assure you this photo wasn't even touched by photoshop.

It was the brainchild of non other than our very own genius, Walter.

He sat a few feet behind the buffalo that he bravely had woken up a few minutes earlier, and before it had even cleared its head of who might have the temerity of waking him up, Walter gave him one of his deadly shots. As most of you know, he is very famous for this.

The buffalo did not know what hit him - he actually took one look at Walter and ran off, disregarding whatever was in his way.

He ran into a large tree, and knocked himself stone cold.

Walter walked up to him, and gave him the coup de grace!

Anyway, Walter sat a few feet behind the buffalo, and I was ordered to get right next to the buffalo, hide myself, and put my hands on top of it.

We laughed at this after we saw the photo, then Walter had to remind us that he has used my trigger finger in the past to shoot "his" animals by remote control.

So there, what you see in the photo IS Walter, and the hands on the buffalo are HIS remotely controlled trigger hands!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JTL 7mm
posted Hide Post
LMAO the greatest topic ever i can't stop laughing. thank yall so much

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!

Posts: 28 | Location: Texas | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
The lord Derby Buff is always followed by the wedefukawi bird that also leads hunters to the buff when they are in tall grass

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is does Walter ever wear shoes with curly toes or Irish court shoes?

He's just gotta at least some leprechaun blood in him ........ Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the size of his hands. They seem quite large.

Posts: 116 | Location: NEW JERSEY | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
That ain't no giant: that's Kilroy, obviously.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
I there any one that knows THE WHEDEFUKAWE BIRD

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of Walter's real dad just as Reality T.V. recently broke the news to him that he had an illegitimate son living in Dubai. The reporter said that the man was shocked when told that his son's favorite pasttimes were BBQing, nudity and hunting. The man was also questioned by the Reality T.V. reporter about his relationship years ago with a young gollum girl. . . .

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
HO HO HO

jumping

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
. The reporter said that the man was shocked when told that his son's favorite pasttimes were BBQing, nudity and hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Whilst this is all very amusing I agree, this is the sort of thread that an "outsider" gets stepped on and moved. But if one or some of the chosen ones participates its fine. If we suggest the moderator is bias we get threatend?
bewildered

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
and there was me thinking it was all about a pic of a man with a buffalo. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
chipolopolo: You are not an "outsider" but "one of us". (At least that what it says under your name) A little bit of brief levity at Walter's expense never hurt anyone. We'll stop now. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
chipolopolo: A little bit of brief levity at Walter's expense never hurt anyone. We'll stop now. Big Grin

Don't bet on it! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UEG,
your making my point thank you, I think I'll go mow my yard

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sactoller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chipolopolo:
UEG,
your making my point thank you, I think I'll go mow my yard

You mow sand?!

Big Grin

Jason Z Alberts

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you." – Samuel Adams

Posts: 347 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: 04 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only the high spots

one of us
posted Hide Post
I forgot all about posting this the other day until now. You guys are some funny bastards. I didn't realize it was Walter in the photo. Never met the man, but he is a legend. Do he and Saeed ever come to the states for SCI. I think from what I've heard, Walter should put on a seminar at SCI.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
filmit,

Hope you enjoyed the humour - it wasn't aimed at you!........... Walter maybe, but not you. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shakiri,
I know it wasn't aimed at me. I laughed my butt off. I still want to meet Walter to see if he's all Saeed claims. I'd like to meet Saeed as well, it sounds like they'd be a hoot in any camp.