Find
Notify
Tools

DSC - Hotel/Motels are filling up
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted
Anyone planning to attend the DSC convention the motels are filling up.

Just a heads up.

Received my convention catalog today and I was checking on line items to bid on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1578 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked earlier today and the Omni has rooms available, used to book solid in first couple of hours. Didn’t look at other hotels.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Hi Karl

In looking at the DSC recommended lodging locations, most motel/hotel were booked for the days that I was look for.

Almost all hotels/motels had individual 1 day openings, however they did not have blocks for the number of days I was looking for. So we are staying at the Hilton.

It slipped by me and forgot to book my room earlier and was just checking my calendar to see my different motel bookings. you see my wife made some room bookings and I have made others as we will be on the road for a few weeks of travel. And the DSC convention is on the tail end of the trip.

As we get older, we need to work medical appointments into our travel schedule.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1578 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crackerman
posted Hide Post
Glad I made my reservation a while back, hope to see some of you there.

Posts: 32 | Location: New Hampshire  | Registered: 03 November 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would recommend the Joule Hotel. It is an absolutely wonderful boutique hotel and is just minutes from the convention center.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy45:
I would recommend the Joule Hotel. It is an absolutely wonderful boutique hotel and is just minutes from the convention center.

Agreed, probably our favorite. Tried booking it a month or two ago and they were wanting 600-700 a night. Not worth that IMO, use to be able to book it for 300 or so.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote