New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR dinner
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is anyone arranging dinner this yr? I have not seen a post yet??

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are but we are keeping it a secret from you-- beer

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOW if I had any feelings they would be hurt hahahahahahahaha.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told that the 1st person that ask was automatically in charge of arraigning it.
TAG YOU'RE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys..QUIET!!! Hook has logged in.

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
I was told that the 1st person that ask was automatically in charge of arraigning it.

Bad idea, Hook will just hog the limelight!! Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oink!

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bad idea, Hook will just hog the limelight!!

As long as he's paying, I don't care.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR Dinner at DSC - Yes - No - Maybe??? Thought this thread might have the answer? Confused

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
AR Dinner at DSC - Yes - No - Maybe???

To answer you question, Probably.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:

This will be a big mistake, there will be no food ........ but lots of beers. beer

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's it know one seems to know .SO i think I'll see if i can get the guys from High caliber radio together and we will just go to bone daddy's and eat ribs and shallow a few bottles of suds

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are in at High Caliber Radio.

Cannot let Hook organize as
some want more than pork and beer on the menu choices. Although P&B is to my liking.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Isn't ribs and beer two of the 5aday?

Any one running a guest list?

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in, along with my spouse! That was fun last year.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK with a little help from our friends at High caliber radio (we have a convoy!!!!!) Tim could your, elton, or Dmac call bone daddy's and see if we can get a deal on a banquet room for friday. It's a little tough for me to organise from here???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fallow Buck

yes it is

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook, bone daddy's said due to the recent genetic mutations in pigs they would be unable to accommodate us. It seems there has been a ton of one-legged piglets born in and around Dallas since last Dec.-Jan.
Let's try for our usual banquet before we go elsewhere. I think everyone likes papasitas. I am in for two tickets, just need to know where to send the money.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I'm in for one ticket.
I'd like to bum a ride or split cab fare from the Holiday Inn.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If there would be a dinner and get together as in the past at Papasitas(?), I would be in for two. It was really nice to visit with AR folks who had real names to go with their handles.

Could someone tell me the name of the Comfort Inn where the AR folks stayed in the past? Would like to make a reservation, but for the life of me I can't remember the name.

Muchas gracias,

Hoot

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here you go:

Comfort Inn & Suites Market Center
7138 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX, 75247

866-460-7456

one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

Thanks

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just need to know who to send the check to.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
I would like to join in as well and put some faces to the names here. Myself and another AR member Joe Democko would like to come. Please let me know where and how much money to send. We will be staying at the comfort suites as well and will have a rental car if someone needs a ride to dinner. Thanks, greg bauer

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 235 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaco Human:

This will be a big mistake, there will be no food ........ but lots of beers. beer

And pigs....... lots & lots of pigs. animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hook, Frankus Maximus is looking into a restaurant for us. It will be an everyone show up and order off the menu kind of deal. As soon as he finds someplace that we can eat, drink, bring spouses and converse, I will post it.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
is there lot of fighting and name calling at the ar dinner. like there is on the craig b. thread on here ?? never have been to a ar dinner i was just wondering?

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leeb441:
is there lot of fighting and name calling at the ar dinner. like there is on the craig b. thread on here ?? never have been to a ar dinner i was just wondering?

Footage from several prior dinners. Triggering event has generally been the mention of either Mark Sullivan or SCI.

Mike

Posts: 21269 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leeb441:

to answer your 2 questions- NO AND NO! just a lot of fun with guys with a similar interest. wish i could make it this year but not looking to likely.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13180 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TIM,
Tell Frank thanks!!!!! and i know we will need a good size room just from the results so far. Larry, Moe and curly will be there, aka Biebs,kolick,and Cecil, so we have semi live entertainment, or semi human i should say,

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Been trying to rearrange my schedule so that I am able to make it this year. The dinner has always been one at which you could bring your children. I sat next to Cal Pappas last year and had a great time (thanks for paying me to say this, Cal). Lots of fun.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
TIM,
Tell Frank thanks!!!!! and i know we will need a good size room just from the results so far. Larry, Moe and curly will be there, aka Biebs,kolick,and Cecil, so we have semi live entertainment, or semi human i should say,

I've had to cancel out for this year.
Too many things going on that require my presence at work.
Somebody give Hook a hard time so he doesn't miss me too bad.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
Without reading through all this, has a date, time, and place been set?
Cal
PS. Prof: For the compliment I will buy you a glass of water at the dinner. Cheers.

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
You guy's don't know how stimulating dinner conversation with Cal really is...right Cal?

rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3407 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
You guy's don't know how stimulating dinner conversation with Cal really is...right Cal?

rotflmo

Uh Huh, Yup.
kal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
OK Steve, I've got it now. Better not state it here or I will be banned.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No place/time yet, Friday evening is the traditional time. Will post as soon as everything is worked out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I just got off the phone with Papasitos. They will host our dinner again but I need an accurate head count of how many will be there. They will set up the buffet as usual but instead of sending your money before the banquet, everyone will pay at the door. I just don't have the time available to deal with collecting money etc and keeping a list etc. If you are definitely attending, please let me know and I will furnish them with a number and they will provide food based on the number we send them. I am thinking Friday 10 Jan. 6:30pm? let me know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me down for 3 attending please. There may only be two of us but just in case.
Thanks

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 3...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote