Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia style
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
A great piece of film showing the north Kafue National Park which is adjacent to the Kasonso and Lunga Luswishi hunting concessions. Red Lechwe only occur in the Kasonso game management area.

The Kafue region is noted for its heavy maned Lions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmysHCQoyYs

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Cool

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very cool!

Posts: 1824 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tu2 jumping

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
That first lion was simply unbelievable- jet black mane and huge body. He looked like a domestic cat out there mousing.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
That first lion was simply unbelievable- jet black mane and huge body. He looked like a domestic cat out there mousing.

What happens if you leave these cats to get of age.

This one was behind my camp the other week.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Kafue had big maned lions.....now way!! Cool

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew good stuff. You have a PHD in marketing.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew good stuff. You have a PHD in marketing.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Very good video. Andrew, do you have anything to do with this company, Wilderness Safaris? Looks like a quality outfit.

Actually, AFTER I posted this, I visited their website. Quite the large operation. Impressive, but I do wonder what sort of reception and hospitality a hunter would experience.

Posts: 3917 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Very good video. Andrew, do you have anything to do with this company, Wilderness Safaris? Looks like a quality outfit.

Actually, AFTER I posted this, I visited their website. Quite the large operation. Impressive, but I do wonder what sort of reception and hospitality a hunter would experience.

They are pretty much anti hunting but their presence in the Busanga region of the Park is important to conservation. The Busanga plains extend into Kasonso GMA which has witnessed very heavy investment by Ntengu Safaris. It is the most wonderful of areas.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wow... looks nothing like the part of the Park I was just in. Fishing villages and sprawl of people with little game. Glad to see this part of the Park... gives me hope it isn't all like I witnessed. I did get my lechwe around 3:30 that afternoon but looked at only around 100 animals with 5 or 6 shootable rams spread out over miles. Not what I expected.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Wow... looks nothing like the part of the Park I was just in. Fishing villages and sprawl of people with little game. Glad to see this part of the Park... gives me hope it isn't all like I witnessed. I did get my lechwe around 3:30 that afternoon but looked at only around 100 animals with 5 or 6 shootable rams spread out over miles. Not what I expected.

Were you in the Kafue Flats - Blue Lagoon or Lochinvar? If so that was a fair description. The film depicts the Red Lechwe in the north Kafue National Park.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Lochinvar...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Lochinvar...

How dreadful. The north bank of the river is somewhat better and the Cheif is cleaning up the fishermen and addressing encroachment.

The film was made some 300 miles north of where you are and if you look at the map it is the area at the top of the Kafue National Park.

Otherwise I hope you enjoyed Zambia.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I did. I was in Tondwa and took a superb sitatunga and an excellent puku and bush pig. I really enjoyed a day on Lake Tanganyika fishing for ncoupi(?) out of Ndola Bay Lodge. A good time for sure...

- Rudyard Kipling